Category Icons at top is right aligned for some reason
Hi!

Using the Android version on a HiMedia Q5 Pro Android, started with 17, then used 19 for many years.
Now upgraded to V20 the Category Icons at top is aligned to Right for some reason. Looking quite bad.
It is for Movies and TV Shows, not using the rest categories.

Thought it is a v20 temporarily bug, but today installed on a new media player and categories was Left aligned as they should be.

Can you help how to fix it?
Don't want to do a clean, delete process for whole Kodi as I have a lot work in setting it up and for the database.

Thank you,
Kobor
I can't picture the issue. Please post a screenshot.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sorry, first time was not managed the full links.
Can not make proper screenshot on the media player, don't know how to do it.
I am not sure what the problem is. All the icons and text look normal. What is right-aligned?
I am guessing you are referring to the top row of Nodes - Studios, Tags etc.
Can you scroll through them?

(2023-08-29, 23:01)Kobor Wrote: Can not make proper screenshot on the media player, don't know how to do it.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/L...hot_folder
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-08-29, 23:19)Karellen Wrote: I am not sure what the problem is. All the icons and text look normal. What is right-aligned?

there was a recent update that introduced "remembrance" to list item positions, they are probably just remembering being scrolled

-----

off topic, where did you purchase The Flash 2023 @Kobor ? i havent even been able to pre-order it yet
(2023-08-29, 23:23)jepsizofye Wrote: there was a recent update that introduced "remembrance" to list item positions
Do you have the PR for that?
My Signature
(2023-08-29, 23:25)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-08-29, 23:23)jepsizofye Wrote: there was a recent update that introduced "remembrance" to list item positions
Do you have the PR for that?
i dont off hand, i will look for it.

i believe @CrystalP added it, it was to do with lists always resetting to the beginning when marking items watched and the filter unwatched being on

my version from march doesnt have it but my version from july does - not that it helps any

-----

edit:

found it - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/23311
(2023-08-29, 23:19)Karellen Wrote: I am not sure what the problem is. All the icons and text look normal. What is right-aligned?
I am guessing you are referring to the top row of Nodes - Studios, Tags etc.
Can you scroll through them?
(2023-08-29, 23:01)Kobor Wrote: Can not make proper screenshot on the media player, don't know how to do it.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/L...hot_folder
Yes, the top row category Nodes (Icons), they are at the end of the 'list'.
Yes, I can scroll them back to the normal view, first Node to Left edge, but every time I reboot the media player, its always back to the wrong view at top.

Thank you the Screenshot tip, HiMedia Q5 Pro has a remote controller (similar to a TV one), but not sure if easy to assign that button for it.
After that don't know how to access from outside for those screenshot directory.
If really need that, I will look for some file manager to do it.
(2023-08-30, 00:49)Kobor Wrote:
Quote:
Yes, the top row category Nodes (Icons), they are at the end of the 'list'.
Yes, I can scroll them back to the normal view, first Node to Left edge, but every time I reboot the media player, its always back to the wrong view at top.
Yea, I just realised what you meant. I have noticed this on my system also.
I don't think the above PR change should persist between reboots.

Maybe @Hitcher might know?
My Signature
(2023-08-29, 23:23)jepsizofye Wrote:

there was a recent update that introduced "remembrance" to list item positions, they are probably just remembering being scrolled

-----

off topic, where did you purchase The Flash 2023 @Kobor ? i havent even been able to pre-order it yet
It is a ' full preview' of an UHD.BluRay.REMUX version.
SOURCE........: playBD
Disable 'Embuary Info' (Video add-ons > Embuary Info).
(2023-08-30, 01:14)Hitcher Wrote: Disable 'Embuary Info' (Video add-ons > Embuary Info).

Thank you, it is fixed the scrolled Nodes at Top after Disabled it.

However we are using it lot of time. Possible in a later version that this will be fixed?
We were using that Embuary Info before V20 upgrade too and top Nodes were not scrolled to right.
You could always add them to Favourites instead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Category Icons at top is right aligned for some reason0