Xcode 15/tvOS 17
This might be on me for updating too soon. I tried to side load Kodi as I usually do. Xcode throws up this error;

error:%20error%20domain=com.apple.dt.coredeviceerror%20code=3002%20%22failed%20to%20install%20the%20app%20on%20the%20device.%22

I’ve updated Xcode, iOS App Signer, redownloaded the .deb, verified that the destination was the Apple TV, and built a new Kodi project. No dice.

Does anyone have any insight? I appreciate you in advance.
Same here. Googled the error message and found a long thread on the apple forums, seems to be some kind of "general" issue. A lot of people seem to have this problem, not just with tvOs but also with iOS.

Hoping for a fix or workaround. ;-)
Just to add: the last time i successfully installed Kodi through Xcode has been with XCode 15 Beta 5 and tvOS 16.6. Today i downgraded XCode back to Beta 5, but still does not work. I suspect tvOS 17 is causing the issues, not XCode.
Same issue here.  The error complains about the .ipa file not being a valid bundle.  I'm hoping that maybe the Mac OS Sonoma update releasing tomorrow (9/26) will have something in it that updates XCode so it will work with TvOS 17.
I'm running Sonoma, does not make any difference. Installing on tvOS 16.x devices still works with Sonoma and Xcode 15, it's something about tvOS 17.
same here, MacOS Ventura 13.6, Xcode 15, tvOS 17 on my AppleTV 4k. just upgraded AppleTV and Kodi didnt work any longer. So i tried to install it again. with the same result ...
try with Xcode 14
(2023-09-26, 21:14)kambala Wrote: try with Xcode 14

I'm not sure if that's even possible.  It definitely isn't possible after upgrading to Mac OS Sonoma (which I already have).  Xcode 14 is incompatible with Sonoma. 

Has anyone else tried using Xcode 14 to connect to a tvOS 17 device?

EDIT:  See my post below...I was actually able to install Kodi using Xcode 14.3.1 on a different Mac that was still on Ventura.
I was able to get it installed by using Apple Configurator!

Xcode 15 gives me an error saying
Code:
The item at Kodi.ipa is not a valid bundle.
and I'm pretty sure I updated to 15 in the first place due to some other error on 14.
(2023-09-26, 22:24)foxan Wrote: I was able to get it installed by using Apple Configurator!

Code:
and I'm pretty sure I updated to 15 in the first place due to some other error on 14.

Can you provide more detail on how you were able to install using Apple Configurator?
(2023-09-26, 22:30)eengert Wrote:
(2023-09-26, 22:24)foxan Wrote: I was able to get it installed by using Apple Configurator!

Code:

Can you provide more detail on how you were able to install using Apple Configurator?
Open Configurator -> Click Apple TV (In my case previously connected through Xcode, most likely) -> Top bar, Add -> Kodi.ipa

Actually, I have another Mac that I hadn't updated to Sonoma yet.  I installed Xcode 14.3.1 and sure enough, it allowed me to install my Kodi ipa file to the Apple TV running tvOS 17.  Good call.

So I guess we have two options now:

- Xcode 14
- Apple Configurator
(2023-09-26, 22:32)foxan Wrote:
(2023-09-26, 22:30)eengert Wrote:

Code:

Open Configurator -> Click Apple TV (In my case previously connected through Xcode, most likely) -> Top bar, Add -> Kodi.ipa
Thanks, I would have wasted a lot of time because I would have never tried Configurator.

thats not really an option i m programming with xcode sometimes. any other solution?
(2023-09-27, 08:07)rod1969 Wrote:

thats not really an option i m programming with xcode sometimes. any other solution?

really? don't you know that you can install as many Xcodes side by side as you wish?

in reality, the only thing you need Xcode for in Kodi installation is to be able to generate free cert and add your device to provisioning profile (e.g. AltStore can do all this without Xcode). But even so, you don't actually need to launch Xcode - command line invocation is sufficient (and this would work for any older Xcode even in Sonoma), like in https://github.com/kambala-decapitator/x...ing-assets

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xcode 15/tvOS 170