Start kodi on second display
Hi
On raspios running on the Pi 4B, is there a way to start kodi on a second display (attached to the second micro hdmi port)?
How to do it?
Why do you want to do this?
Note that the way drm works, you can't run kodi fullscreen and also use desktop, so your other monitor will be blank.

On the upcoming bullseye image there an option to run kodi fullscreen or windowed.
That would allow what you want (although performance is a little worse in windowed mode).
(2023-09-29, 12:45)popcornmix Wrote: Why do you want to do this?

It would be useful for testing purposes. To have kodi running and still have use some gui stuff on the other display (e.g. qjackctl).
Quote:Note that the way drm works, you can't run kodi fullscreen and also use desktop, so your other monitor will be blank.
That should not be an issue on non-drm content?
Quote:On the upcoming bullseye image there an option to run kodi fullscreen or windowed.
That would allow what you want (although performance is a little worse in windowed mode).
That would work too. After a long search I concluded windowed mode is not possible. What you say changes things.
Is there already a pre-release of this available/where could I find this?
(2023-09-29, 13:27)lich000king Wrote: It would be useful for testing purposes. To have kodi running and still have use some gui stuff on the other display (e.g. qjackctl).
But that isn't possible. You can't run a second app that uses display when using kodi built for drm.
Quote:That should not be an issue on non-drm content?
DRM here refers to this, not this
Quote:Is there already a pre-release of this available/where could I find this?
You can apply to the beta forum on raspberrypi forums, but it will become public real soon now, so it may be best to be patient.
(2023-09-29, 13:45)popcornmix Wrote: But that isn't possible. You can't run a second app that uses display when using kodi built for drm.
Ok.
Quote:DRM here refers to this, not this. 
That clarifies things. :-)
Quote:You can apply to the beta forum on raspberrypi forums, but it will become public real soon now, so it may be best to be patient.
I'll do that. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start kodi on second display0