YouTube AddOn Dependencies Broken?
Hi All -

Anyone else hitting issues with YouTube addon? I can't install due to addon issues. Happy to provide a log but that's a bit of a process that I'll avoid if someone just confirms that it's broken.

Thanks!
I suspect the problem is that script.module.infotagger was added as a new dependency.  Depending on how you update youtube plugin that script might not get auto-installed.  (This is mainly for Kodi 20 but I think that script also is a dependency in Kodi 19.)

What I found works is uninstall youtube and reinstall from zip (obtained from youtube plugin github, currently 7.0.2.1) or from kodi repo.  Alternative is to manually install script.module.infotagger from zip from https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/ (module scripts can't be installed from inside kodi repo UI -- must use zip install). Again this is for Kodi 20/21 as I don't really monitor Kodi 19 or earlier at all.

You might want to also move your youtube settings.xml from addon_data and let the plugin create a new one. Then copy all your identical settings (such as your keys) from the old/moved settings into the new one. First try running the plugin without doing this, if it works OK don't bother.

Of course if that isn't it will need a clean debug log.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube AddOn Dependencies Broken?0