How can I have kodi play movies even when the screen is locked?
I use slock as my lock screen and I think I've read somewhere that kodi can play movies, even if the screen is locked.

Is that so?Wink

I'm on Xorg with slock.
probably something only you are using so why not just try and see what happens?
Trigger the movie to start playing via a WebUI addon installed on the Kodi system, and accessed via another system on your LAN, using the target IP address / port of the system running Kodi. This might work.

Dan / Gib.
(2023-10-11, 21:44)izprtxqkft Wrote: probably something only you are using so why not just try and see what happens?
You mean the slock Display Locker? Well, I can use whatever lock screen, like xscreensaver. I just don't want to unlock my system to play videos.
(2023-10-13, 21:27)gibxxi Wrote: Trigger the movie to start playing via a WebUI addon installed on the Kodi system, and accessed via another system on your LAN, using the target IP address / port of the system running Kodi. This might work.

Dan / Gib.

Not sure what you mean. I just start the movie with a Kodi remote.
(2023-10-14, 20:46)steelhouse Wrote:
(2023-10-11, 21:44)izprtxqkft Wrote: probably something only you are using so why not just try and see what happens?
You mean the slock Display Locker? Well, I can use whatever lock screen, like xscreensaver. I just don't want to unlock my system to play videos.

i mean, it is something only you want so when wanting something custom one must be willing to make a custom solution

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I have kodi play movies even when the screen is locked?0