projectM visualizations on Kodi 20
Hi,
I wanted to enable projectM visualizations for my Kodi 20, which is running on MX Linux. There is a thread about visualizations on Ubuntu, and a Debian support thread, both of which I have read, but since my problem remains and MX is not strictly Debian, I though I'd open a new thread.
Since I could not find the add-on in the official add-on repository, which I have installed by installing the kodi-repository-kodi package with apt, I followed the compilation instructions from the GitHub repo. After copying the created add-on to ~/.kodi/addons and restarting Kodi, it asked on startup if I want to enable the projectM add-on, to which I answered "yes". However, the visualization does not work: there is no visualization at all when playing music. When playing music, the "Settings > Visualisation" menu choice just exits the menu, and "Settings > Visualisation settings" does nothing. I also can not find projectM anywhere under "My add-ons".

How do I enable projectM?
AS with any binary addon, you have to build it from source yourself by following the instructions on the github page. Doesnt matter if you are running on ubuntu, debian, fedora etc., as you are building the binary from source on your machine.
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
(2023-10-17, 22:13)gujal Wrote: AS with any binary addon, you have to build it from source yourself by following the instructions on the github page. Doesnt matter if you are running on ubuntu, debian, fedora etc., as you are building the binary from source on your machine.

Yes, I have built it from source, but then what? It was "seen" by my Kodi install, as described in the first post, but does not apply!
(2023-10-17, 23:06)appas Wrote:
(2023-10-17, 22:13)gujal Wrote: AS with any binary addon, you have to build it from source yourself by following the instructions on the github page. Doesnt matter if you are running on ubuntu, debian, fedora etc., as you are building the binary from source on your machine.

Yes, I have built it from source, but then what? It was "seen" by my Kodi install, as described in the first post, but does not apply!
You have to install from zip inside kodi. copying an addon to kodi's addon folder has not worked since Kodi19, as it has to be registered into addons.db
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
(2023-10-18, 20:38)gujal Wrote:
(2023-10-17, 23:06)appas Wrote:  
You have to install from zip inside kodi. copying an addon to kodi's addon folder has not worked since Kodi19, as it has to be registered into addons.db
Thanks, that did it - so, I zipped up the visualization.projectm directory and did "Install from zip file" with that, and now it works!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
projectM visualizations on Kodi 200