Suggestion for a quiet 4K HDR10 capable NUC or similar SFF box
Title says pretty much everything relevant. It'll run Windows most likely but I could go Linux as well (familiar with Mint). I'd prefer a "real" OS and not going the CoreELEC route.

Requirements: 4K HDR10 playback, audio passthrough, decent performance with all skins, quiet. A remote would be the cherry on top.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
i use an ex-office pc, a HP elitedesk 800 series with an upgraded GPU, an Nvidia GTX 1030 LP OC Silent model, running Kodi on top of Win 10 booting straight into Kodi, and its flawless.
sorry, i forgot to add (cant find an edit option...) that it has full audio pass through to my reciever (DTS HD-MA and Dolby TrueHD), HDR 10 4k playback is smooth as silk and i use a widely available MCE remote/reciever.
(2023-10-29, 20:33)Phil_YHC Wrote: i use an ex-office pc, a HP elitedesk 800 series with an upgraded GPU, an Nvidia GTX 1030 LP OC Silent model, running Kodi on top of Win 10 booting straight into Kodi, and its flawless.
Is the machine itself quiet? Apart from the fanless GPU obviously? I see there are many products in that line from HP.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2023-10-31, 02:24)ashlar Wrote:
(2023-10-29, 20:33)Phil_YHC Wrote: i use an ex-office pc, a HP elitedesk 800 series with an upgraded GPU, an Nvidia GTX 1030 LP OC Silent model, running Kodi on top of Win 10 booting straight into Kodi, and its flawless.
Is the machine itself quiet? Apart from the fanless GPU obviously? I see there are many products in that line from HP.
it is very quiet, plus as those models tend to use a 80mm case fan clipped to a heatsink with a plastic shroud, you could replace the fan with a noctua.
i got mine from here: https://www.tech-bazaar.com/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestion for a quiet 4K HDR10 capable NUC or similar SFF box0