Can't tune the screen size with the remote on Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus
I have a very strange problem. I have installed Kodi on the Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus but the picture size on my TV is a bit smaller than the screen. When I open the settings in the Kodi and try to calibrate the picture I see the text asking me to use arrows, but Kodi does not react on any arrow button on the remote. Only if I click the central remote button it opens the next step (like Left Up corner -> Right Bottom Corner -> Subtitles Positions -> etc.)

These arrow buttons work perfectly everywhere else including menus of Kodi itself. But with this particular function, I can't do anything. I have tried to use all the buttons on the remote without any success.

I tried it on Kodi 20.2 Nexus, then upgraded to Kodi 21.0 Omega Beta 1. No effect.

Does anybody know how to fix it? Because the picture doesn't look nice being smaller than the TV screen.
Don't fix that stuff in kodi, try to fix it in your TV, by setting the overscan properly towards JUST SCAN or however your model calls it, which mode is the TV?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2023-11-25, 05:57)fritsch Wrote: Don't fix that stuff in kodi, try to fix it in your TV, by setting the overscan properly towards JUST SCAN or however your model calls it, which mode is the TV?
Regardless the question of where to fix it, could you please tell me why Kodi doesn’t react on buttons? I even have found the Remote Android App on iOS and tried to use it. The same problem. The arrows works in all Kodi menu except this calibration window. How to fix it? It seems that the calibration window is buggy
Is your TV filled before starting Kodi? If android home screen has same issue, it won't work as picture won't get bigger but only smaller.

If your home screen of android works, Kodi might switch resolution and this will change TVs Overscan ...

Asking for the buttons is semantically wrong as increasing size is impossible beyond the over / underscan.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
What skin?
(2023-11-25, 13:36)fritsch Wrote: Is your TV filled before starting Kodi? If android home screen has same issue, it won't work as picture won't get bigger but only smaller.

If your home screen of android works, Kodi might switch resolution and this will change TVs Overscan ...

Asking for the buttons is semantically wrong as increasing size is impossible beyond the over / underscan.
Ok, my wife has just me reminded that some months ago I had the opposite problem when the picture was bigger than the screen and somehow I made it smaller. And I remember now that I had exactly the same problem, but SOMEHOW I found a workaround to force the buttons on the remote to work. This is just to make it clear.

Now, after the latest Android update (I am no sure if it is just a coincidence) the picture in Kodi became smaller than the screen.

To make it clear, all other apps use the full screen: the Android TV itself, Netflix, Youtube. Only Kodi makes it smaller. And I am 99.9% sure it is because some months ago I tweaked it and made smaller in Kodi.

ImageImageNetflix screenshot: https://paste.pics/PXO54
Kodi screenshot: https://paste.pics/PXO5H

And I don't try to make the picture bigger than the TV screen itself. Just look at the attached pictures. One is made in the Netflix app, another one — in the Kodi calibration screen showing the edges of the picture. I did such a calibration on my another device without any problems, but with this particular remote I hear just a beep. And SOMEHOW I found a workaround some months ago. I just don't remember how. Plus I guess it is strange that the remote doesn't work here. It is not what you expect, as you can't use the calibration window at all.

Also, I tried to use it with different skins, including the original one. It doesn't matter as the calibration window doesn't depend on the skin as I see.
fritsch, Hitcher, you were right. I am sorry, but it is not the Kodi issue, I tried to use other skins and finally found out that with the standard Kodi skin, this issue does not exist. So it seems it is a problem with the other skin used.
It probably hasn't been updated to include the recent calibration screen changes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't tune the screen size with the remote on Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus0