Need recommendation for 4k HDR10 box
(2023-12-05, 17:26)snyft Wrote: Looking for a box with support for 4k HDR 10+, good upscaling, maybe android apps (not a requirement but positive), Atmos/dts master, frame switching from 24hz etc. Future proof for new codecs.

I'd avoid trying to future proof for new codecs. Buy a system that works for the media you want to play now.  When new codecs come along, replace it. I know this isn't particularly green (though my boxes filter down to other family members as they get replaced) but if you want to future proof for new codecs before they exist, the only solution is to heavily overspec your CPU (and pay for that power you won't need for current codecs) so that you can play new codecs in software, not hardware.

HDR10+ may be a sticking point for some platforms - does your display take huge advantages of it in terms of dynamic tone-mapping? (If so - you may find HDR10 is good enough. Heck - some TVs are only PQ10 in reality - and ignore the HDR10 static and HDR10+ dynamic metadata anyway)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need recommendation for 4k HDR10 box0