At what distance can I watch the Bravia XR A95L OLED 77" TV?
Hello,
please give me some advice. I use Shield TV and Kodi. I measured the viewing distance between the TV and the sofa where the viewer watches it.
The distance is precisely 3.50 meters (3 meters and 50cm).
In your opinion, can a Sony Bravia XR A95L OLED 77" be seen well at that distance?
Thanks
(2023-12-09, 15:05)FoxADRIANO Wrote: Hello,
please give me some advice. I use Shield TV and Kodi. I measured the viewing distance between the TV and the sofa where the viewer watches it.
The distance is precisely 3.50 meters (3 meters and 50cm).
In your opinion, can a Sony Bravia XR A95L OLED 77" be seen well at that distance?
Thanks
You could be sitting closer. I use my 77" from 2.10 meters and it's a great immersive experience.
At 3.50 meters you will not be getting the most out of 4 resolution, not even close.
If you can, I would at least try and get within 3 meters.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
xml:
Screen Size Recommended Viewing Distance (Metres)
42” 1.70m
43” 1.74m
48” 1.95m
50” 2.03m
55” 2.35m
65” 2.64m
75” 3.04m
77” 3.12m
83” 3.37m
86” 3.49m
I always found this page to be interesting in explaining viewing distances. 

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-siz...lationship

Rtings did a rating of that TV also

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/a95l-oled
Kodi Omega (arm64) nightly, nVidia Shield Pro 2019 SE 9.1.1+Hotfix (Android 11), Samsung Q8FN, Synology DS1821+ DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 4
Those distances seem strange to me.  Am I old schoolHuh  I am 76 years of age and can still hear my MOM tell me NOT to sit so close to the TV.  Back then it was maybe a 15 inch??
I sit less than 2 meters from my 65" LG Oled.
I just moved my couch from 12feet to 6ft in front of my 65" TV.  Besides looking strange, I will **see** if I can detect any difference.  I will test some 4k Dolby Vision movies to see if it makes a difference. Lawrence of Arabia in Dolby Vision seems to be a standard for DV.
(2023-12-09, 23:58)clarkss12 Wrote: I am 76 years of age and can still hear my MOM tell me NOT to sit so close to the TV.
Mine used say I'd get square eyes. Laugh
The "best" distance will depend on what you are watching, how many people are watching (more people = greater distance), and finally personal taste.

For a single person watching a movie, two meters would be a reasonable distance. That would give you a 45 degree viewing angle.
(2023-12-10, 00:58)Hitcher Wrote:
(2023-12-09, 23:58)clarkss12 Wrote: I am 76 years of age and can still hear my MOM tell me NOT to sit so close to the TV.
Mine used say I'd get square eyes. Laugh

I never heard that one. I was told I would go blind. After 76 years I think she's getting close to me being blind 😅
You all made me happy. Thanks for your precious news.
Can you tell me if the Bravia XR A95L OLED 77" TV can be hung on the wall? Maybe it's better not?
Thanks again
(2023-12-10, 10:52)FoxADRIANO Wrote: You all made me happy. Thanks for your precious news.
Can you tell me if the Bravia XR A95L OLED 77" TV can be hung on the wall? Maybe it's better not?
Thanks again

Look at my link.  Tells you which mount you need with pictures of the back.
Kodi Omega (arm64) nightly, nVidia Shield Pro 2019 SE 9.1.1+Hotfix (Android 11), Samsung Q8FN, Synology DS1821+ DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 4
I'd like to ask a last question please.
But I would like users of large TVs to answer me. As for the quality and viewing distance I got it right.
I would like to ask:
but if you are at 3:50 meters, is the 65" or 75" more usable? If the screen is too large, it may seem like you are inside the image and not outside.
I don't know if I get the idea. Perhaps on a very large screen and seen up close, the eye does not frame 100% of the video image, but only part. I don't know if I got the idea and maybe this is disturbing. Am I wrong?
Thank you.
i run an 82" at roughly 13 feet (~4m) and it does not feel cinematic or immersive but is very watchable and enjoyable
i actually feel like for the distance and the space i have it in i would be better with a 98" to get the more cinematic feeling

just my take on what's good for me, at the end of the day the person watching is all that matters and not what's best for everyone
(2023-12-16, 17:32)izprtxqkft Wrote: i run an 82" at roughly 13 feet (~4m) and it does not feel cinematic or immersive but is very watchable and enjoyable
i actually feel like for the distance and the space i have it in i would be better with a 98" to get the more cinematic feeling

just my take on what's good for me, at the end of the day the person watching is all that matters and not what's best for everyone

Does any of the distance or cinematic feeling matter when the majority of my viewing is old TV shows like Gunsmoke, Gilligan's Island, Brady Bunch, etc??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
At what distance can I watch the Bravia XR A95L OLED 77" TV?0