v21 Omega and strings.po with label formatting [B] and [CR]
In Nexus and below there was no issue but with Omega (not certain when it started) all localized labels in the strings.po file get truncated when preceded by bold formatting with a following carriage return. I haven't tested any other formatting options.

Please take a look at the bottom right of each image. The last character is cut off for only the bolded top line before the carriage return. This happens with all similar localized labels.

NEXUS

OMEGA

Strings.po entry (- in front to escape BBCode formatting)
Quote:msgctxt "#31594"
msgid "[-B]OPEN FILE MANAGER[-/B][CR]Access files from within Kodi[CR]Add source · Perform file operations"
msgstr ""

Link to line of resource.language.en_gb/strings.po file

Thanks Smile
Confirming that I can reproduce this issue

I'm guessing it is related to this issue I reported a while back about RTL
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/22547
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Don't have time to test right now but as a workaround could you use a bold font in the label and then lighten the other part of the text?

eg OPEN FILE MANAGER[CR][LIGHT]Access files from within Kodi[CR]Add source · Perform file operations[/LIGHT]
Seems to be an issue report for it here... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/24246
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-12-16, 10:54)Hitcher Wrote: Don't have time to test right now but as a workaround could you use a bold font in the label and then lighten the other part of the text?

eg OPEN FILE MANAGER[CR][LIGHT]Access files from within Kodi[CR]Add source · Perform file operations[/LIGHT]

It doesn't truncate but the alignment is still off.

Looks like any formatting option with carriage return causes some kind of issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It, indeed, does appear to be related to the issue @jurialmunkey linked to.
It's not just fadelabels or carriage returns that are affected but also truncated labels.

This is just a right aligned label -

And truncated -

It's not aligning to the right side correctly anymore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Omega and strings.po with label formatting [B] and [CR]0