Solved Kodi Crashes During Playback
Hello,

I'm hoping someone could help me troubleshoot the crashes I am experiencing in Kodi 20.2
I put together a new desktop this week, Windows 11 and Kodi were both installed yesterday. I copied over my kodi profile from the old PC which was running Kodi 20.2 but the old OS was Win10.

I was experiencing the occasional crash on my old Win10 machine - once every day or two; but now in Win11 it is happening within a few minutes of starting video playback.

I have tried combinations of "adjust display refresh rate", "sync playback to display" and DXVA2 without any changes.
All 3 of these were set to OFF for the below debug log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/maqihaciyu.kodi

I would appreciate any insights,
~TJ
**note, I haven't had any crashes after changing the Default Format in advanced sound settings to 24 bit, 96000 HZ

This was previously left at the windows default.
you didn't enable debug logging so there is missing information in your logs

see Debug Log

"Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0."

on a guess try disabling embuary helper and/or youtube addons since in my own experience embuary helper has been known to cause issues with crashing (on android) and youtube is the last entry in your log before crashing
Sorry for the delayed response. It's a freshly built desktop and I've been making sure the system is otherwise 100% stable.

Disabling embuary helper and related add-ons seems to have done the trick. These were added as part of Aeon Nox: SiLVO skin but skin seems to be working fine without them.

Hrmmm, my log settings in the GUI are in conflict with what I have saved in the advancedsettings.xml. Will get proper logs next time, for now I think this is resolved by disabling embuary helper addons.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Crashes During Playback0