Keymap.xml for XBOX 360 Controller (ms driver)
i searched the net for it, but did not find something.

cant believe that no one using this controller for xbmc.

if someone has a keymap.xml for this, please share it.
I would like very much to know if there is built-in support for the XBOX 360 controller under the windows version of XBMC.

As an immediate workaround, I am using Pinnacle Game Profiler ( http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com ) -- it maps the controller to keyboard keys, and works fine, but it is a 30 days trial...

I will search for some XBMC docs, I am guessing there is built-in support, I just don't know how it works yet (my first day using it).

If you find a better solution than the Game Profiler, please tell us. 8-)
i dont bellive it's built in support for the xbox360 controller.
You need to use programs that convert input, like many other
controllers that is used.

There are many posts in this forums on how you can do that. please search.
i know about programs like http://xpadder.com. And i know ho to configure it. but that´s not the point.

i want to get it to work without the use of other programs Smile

i tried to edit my keymap.xml

i had little success. the buttons are working now.
and i think i know what i have to do, so the axis are working.
but i don´t know how to map the dpad.

i edited the part: <joystick name="Microsoft Xbox Controller S">
and added another <altname> that matches the string from the device manager.

then i opened the gamecontroller config in windows and watched which button has which ID. So i can edit the right button id´s in the keymap.xml...

like: <button id="2">PreviousMenu</button> and so on
i think axis are the same procedure
like: <axis id="5" limit="-1">VolumeDown</axis>

but i have no idea how to map the dpad right. it has no button id and no axis id.
i am not shure, but i think the dpad is like buttons. but i dont know how to find out which id they represent.

do someone know a "gamepad analysis programm" or something like that, that gives more info of the currently pressed button/axis/dpad?

If its possible for me to get the whole thing working i will give the keymap.xml for download in this forum. but i need some help, please.
Did you ever solve this?

I think problem is the dpad is neither buttons nor axis, it is instead treated as a POV (Point of View) controller. Atleast mine is if I look at it in Windows Game Controllers (Control Panel).
never figured it out. sorry. but that POV thing sounds promising. i will investigate se if i can find anything out.
but i have the feeling, its not supported.
Well, I have found a "workaround" solution.

I use EventGhost to map the keys, and disable the gamepad in Keymap.xml (not adding it as an altname). The plugin I use is joystick (even though the d-pad does not work there, I use the analogue sticks instead). If you instead of the Joystick plugin use Generic HID plugin, you might be able to use the dpad.
PErsonaly I use xpadder, and use the analogue stick as the mouse, r1 and l1 as the mouse buttons, d pad for the arrow keys and etc etc for the other buttons for xbmc. It's great Smile no need for a mouse now...
Yea, that's one approach. I prefer not mapping the gamepad to actual keys though, that's why I use the EventGhost approach. Seems a bit more native that way, but maybe I'm just fooling myself Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap.xml for XBOX 360 Controller (ms driver)0