The biggest problem with Kodi is the incompatibility of its different versions.
It’s very annoying when you use the program - you like it and works great. But then an update comes and you install it and your application no longer works. It’s simply incompatible with the current version of Kodi. Is it possible to make better compatibility between different versions of Kodi - unify it .I would ideally like to get 100 percent compatibility.
You could start with explaining why you think it is incompatible.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Kodi has been program compatible for the most part for years, the basic structure of the program remains as always; sources I created TEN years ago are correctly listed. Third party add-ons if properly written & supported should work continuously, but in that statement is where some users have difficulty. About 3 years ago we chose to update from python 2 to python 3 and at that point unsupported or poorly written code would fail in some way.  Everyone had years of warning this would occur, and frequent forum users were well prepared. If you have specific issues related to the base code, or in this case a windows installation, then let's get to specifics with a debug log. Better supported add-ons have their own threads, with the authors of the code sometimes available otherwise take your vents to the feature request thread.

I have a few kind words to say about all of this 'KISS' and 'if it's not broke don't fix it'.
As far as python addons, typically things get deprecated for a version or two before they are turned off for good in the Kodi python interface.  Kodi on windows is still shipping with Python 3.8.  Obviously there are many things in more current Python releases that could be used by addon devs, so the question how long to hold up?

I think binary addons have pretty much kept up with new Kodi releases so a binary release should exist for any Kodi version.

Skins, a decision was taken to force skins to be updated for Kodi 21.  That's the first forced update in a few years.  Mainly I think to reduce user confusion when a skin isn't supporting new Kodi UI features.  The default Estuary skin is in lock-step with Kodi changes so always exists as an option.

scott s.
What i think you should do is don't always update kodi!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The biggest problem with Kodi is the incompatibility of its different versions.0