Exhaustive List of Label ID's for Use in Development & Customization
Hello,

I've dug a little deeper into coding after my 1st semester taking some college IT courses and found something I was curious about. I came across some code that had IDs seemingly related to actions being taken or information and how it appears in Kodi to the end user. I have an example and then wanted to see if there is some sort of updated exhaustive list. Please let me know. Thank you!

In this example, I'm looking at subtitles.
<category label="32353">
        <setting id="subtitles" type="bool" label="32354" default="false" />
        <setting type="sep" />
        <setting id="subtitles.lang.1" type="select" label="32356" values="Afrikaans|Albanian|Arabic|Armenian|Basque|Bengali|Bosnian|Breton|Bulgarian|Burmese|Catalan|Chinese|Croatian|Czech|Danish|Dutch|English|Esperanto|Estonian|Finnish|French|Galician|Georgian|German|Greek|Hebrew|Hindi|Hungarian|Icelandic|Indonesian|Italian|Japanese|Kazakh|Khmer|Korean|Latvian|Lithuanian|Luxembourgish|Macedonian|Malay|Malayalam|Manipuri|Mongolian|Montenegrin|Norwegian|Occitan|Persian|Polish|Portuguese|Portuguese(Brazil)|Romanian|Russian|Serbian|Sinhalese|Slovak|Slovenian|Spanish|Swahili|Swedish|Syriac|Tagalog|Tamil|Telugu|Thai|Turkish|Ukrainian|Urdu" enable="!eq(-2,false)" default="Greek" />
        <setting id="subtitles.lang.2" type="select" label="32357" values="Afrikaans|Albanian|Arabic|Armenian|Basque|Bengali|Bosnian|Breton|Bulgarian|Burmese|Catalan|Chinese|Croatian|Czech|Danish|Dutch|English|Esperanto|Estonian|Finnish|French|Galician|Georgian|German|Greek|Hebrew|Hindi|Hungarian|Icelandic|Indonesian|Italian|Japanese|Kazakh|Khmer|Korean|Latvian|Lithuanian|Luxembourgish|Macedonian|Malay|Malayalam|Manipuri|Mongolian|Montenegrin|Norwegian|Occitan|Persian|Polish|Portuguese|Portuguese(Brazil)|Romanian|Russian|Serbian|Sinhalese|Slovak|Slovenian|Spanish|Swahili|Swedish|Syriac|Tagalog|Tamil|Telugu|Thai|Turkish|Ukrainian|Urdu" enable="!eq(-3,false)" default="English" />
        <setting type="sep" />
        <setting id="subtitles.utf" type="bool" label="32355" enable="!eq(-5,false)" default="false" />
        <setting id="subtitles.notify" type="bool" label="32361" enable="!eq(-6,false)" default="false" />
        <setting id="subs.text" type="text" label="32118" enable="false" />
    </category>
Kodi's strings.po

Estuary's strings.po

And for specific addon you'll need to check its resources/language/ folder.
Thank you.

"Kodi's strings.po

Estuary's strings.po"

I'm getting 404 errors when I click on the strings.po for Kodi and Estuary?

"And for specific addon you'll need to check its resources/language/ folder."

This is where I found the code I was looking at so I'm good here.
Wink 
Sorry, nevermind. I just went to github and followed the path and found them. Thank you!!  Blush
If the addons use the same numbers for different purposes, as long as it isn't used elsewhere within Kodi, Estuary, or another addon, are we able to pick a number to use?

OR how does one address the codes being used for different purposes, in two different addons? Thank you for your time and assistance.
My apologies. I ask a question, go back to GitHub, and then find answers. To clarify what I'm seeing here. There are empty strings available. Some of them are strictly reserved for specific purposes (such as below) and others are not. I have found this:

#empty strings from id 29996 to 33000
#strings 30000 thru 30999 reserved for plug-ins and plug-in settings
#strings 31000 thru 31999 reserved for skins
#strings 32000 thru 32999 reserved for scripts
#strings 33000 thru 33999 reserved for common strings used in add-ons

So as long as they remain within those parameters, this should be what I have to work with correct?
Essentially, I am trying to use the code from one addon in another. But the second one is already using those same numbers for a different purpose.

IE:

(from 1st addon - wanted to use this in 2nd addon)
msgctxt "#32017"
msgid "Years"
msgstr "Years"

(from 2nd addon)
msgctxt "#32017"
msgid "[COLORffFEEE5F]People Watching[/COLOR]"
msgstr ""

So as long as I stay within the guidelines, I can change the numbers. Let me know if there is anything else I might be missing that could help or if there is an easier way to address the concern. Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exhaustive List of Label ID's for Use in Development & Customization0