Linking TV Shows to Movies
Just a general question about linking TV Shows and Movies.
I've managed to link a movie to a TV Show and when browsing TV shows  the movie shows up.
Is it possible to do it the other way? So, when browsing a Movie you see the TV show as well?
Maybe it is possible, but I've missed something. Maybe its not possible at all.
Not possible as far as I'm aware.
Hmm, you can force it with a bit of fiddling using stub files. I have done it for my Universes listings.
An example is for Star Wars below.
You can't actually play the tv shows from that list, but at least you know when to head over to the tv show section and start watching them, assuming its all listed in storyline order.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Linking_movies_to_TV_shows (wiki) may also be worth a review.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for all of your replies.

If anybody is interested, I've found a solution that works for me using a strm file and a Movie Set. It's a bit manual to set up, but as this only applies for a few instances (in my library any way) it's doable.

1. Create a single strm file with the TV series episodes listed in the order you want them played pointing to the individual episodes:

nfs://xxx.xxx.0.38/volume1/Media/TV/MyTVShow/S01E01.m4v
nfs://xxx.xxx.0.38/volume1/Media/TV/MyTVShow/S01E02.m4v
nfs://xxx.xxx.0.38/volume1/Media/TV/MyTVShow/S01E03.m4v
nfs://xxx.xxx.0.38/volume1/Media/TV/MyTVShow/S01E04.m4v

2.Put the strm file in a folder in your movie library and create an nfo file

3. Scan into your library

4. Add it to a movie set with the movie

5. The episodes will play in sequence.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linking TV Shows to Movies0