Req Feature request : Actors List
I would very much like a function to sort the actors list by the last name instead of the first. Going thru my 50.000 actor list it's a pain in the neck to look for e.g.: John Wayne with all the "John's" around Sad
I can see the utility for this, but see a problem.  For music, the artist scrapers can retrieve the artist sortname from scrape site (musicbrainz) or artist.nfo file and store it in the database.  That way getting the sort name is easy.  For video, I don't know of a scrape source that can give you that.  You could do it in movie.nfo but that would mean hand-editing all those nfos.  Trying to do it via program logic, even if you assume all your actors have Anglo-style names, I'm guessing doing something like splitting on space (U+0020) and taking the last item of the split as family name would work maybe 80% of the time, and if you have non-Anglo actors much less.

I did something like this for Japanese actors outside of Kodi, and found I had to get the Hiragana script form of the names to be useful, as the formal Kanji has too many readings for the same Kanji.

scott s.
You could use the search addon.
@Hitcher: Thank you for the hint! It works!
Still it would be nice to have the actors list by surname.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature request : Actors List0