Solved Looking for Infolabel, none seem to fit what I'm looking for
Trying to find the correct info label that would return the current name of the Version Kodi that is installed on the system... i.e. Nexus, Matrix, Leia.... etc. All the system values I tried are either build number, git numbers, OS or kernel. Is there some label that I am missing that would just provide the installed name of the Kodi version installed?

I plan to do something like:

Version: Nexus 20.3

As a user feedback line, I have everything but the Nexus part.

Thanks.
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
Set up a variable using a string compare to the System.BuildVersion to get the version name.

xml:
<variable name="BuildVersionName">
<value condition="String.StartsWith(System.BuildVersion,21.)">Omega</value>
<value condition="String.StartsWith(System.BuildVersion,20.)">Nexus</value>
</variable>
(2024-02-14, 19:49)Hitcher Wrote: Set up a variable using a string compare to the System.BuildVersion to get the version name.

xml:
</variable>

The syntax makes sense to me, but I'm unclear on the execution because I looking back, I think I was unclear in asking how I was trying to execute my intent on how to use it. Here is was what the code is I'm trying adjust for:

Code:

<control type="grouplist">
                <top>17</top>
                <right>25</right>
                <width>607</width>
                <height>600</height>
                <usecontrolcoords>true</usecontrolcoords>
                <control type="label">
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[13000]</label>
                    <font>Font26_Bold_Caps</font>
                    <textcolor>$VAR[PanelHighlightColorVar]</textcolor>
                    <include>VideoOSDProcessInfo</include>
                </control>

<control type="label">
                    <label>[COLOR $VAR[PanelTextColorVar]]$LOCALIZE[19114] [/COLOR]$INFO[System.XXXXXXX[NEXUS]XXXXXXXXX] $INFO[System.BuildVersionShort] </label>
                </control>                    
            </control>

I've truncated this way down to a single line of example where the statement is nearly complete, the XXXXX is what missing. Would the line:

Code:

<label>[COLOR $VAR[PanelTextColorVar]]$LOCALIZE[19114] [/COLOR]$INFO[System.XXXXXXX[NEXUS]XXXXXXXXX] $INFO[System.BuildVersionShort] </label>

be iterated multiple times until the version value match is met (which would grow over time)? 

I don't think I asked the question correctly the first time, hopefully this is more concise.

Thanks for the fast response.
Chris
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
Oh, wait, I think I see... let me try it....
Mr. V's Original Source
hmmm...

This is what I built as, I have Version [nothing] 20.3

Code:

<control type="label">
                        <value condition="String.StartsWith(System.BuildVersion,19.)">Matrix</value>
                        <value condition="String.StartsWith(System.BuildVersion,18.)">Unsupported</value>
                    </variable>
                    <label>[COLOR $VAR[PanelTextColorVar]]$LOCALIZE[19114] [/COLOR] $VAR[BuildVersionName] $INFO[System.BuildVersionShort] </label>
                </control>    

Did I misread, or is my execution incorrect?
Mr. V's Original Source
The variable definition should go in an includes xml file.
That worked a treat, ty!

Mr. V's Original Source
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for Infolabel, none seem to fit what I'm looking for0