Kodi (confluence skin) removes year from folder title when scanning
Skin : Confluence (latest)
Windows 10

Having just migrated to new Qnap NAS, i am finally rebuilding my Library
Folder structure on NAS
Y:\Films\
then 27 subfolders #, A to Z
in each subfolder, i have each film in its own folder and the subFolder is named <Film name> - (<Year>)
so, taking "20,000 leagues under the sea" as an example, i have 3 subfolders
20,000 Leagues under the Sea - (1917)
20,000 Leagues under the Sea - (1954)
20,000 Leagues under the Sea - (1997)

When i scan the films, the finall sort name removes the " - (<Year>)"
I have, under [settings]/[Media]/[Videos] found 'replace filenames with library title' and have disabked this
but it still happens
I know i can edit the Sort name to re-add the year to the title, but i'd rather not

how is this possible to achieve - ie prevent the damn scan thing from removing information
or alternatively is there a way to change the sort title to be <Film name> - (<Year>) where year should be in the film's metadata
(2024-02-16, 21:14)Lefrenchman36 Wrote: I have, under [settings]/[Media]/[Videos] found 'replace filenames with library title' and have disabked this
but it still happens
That's only for when you're viewing them in video files mode not the library.
That makes sense - (although not exactly clear)
I would only use the library
so, given that 'replace filenames with library title' isn't the answer, then what is?
also slight amendment to original post
>I know i can edit the Sort name to re-add the year to the title, but i'd rather not<
that should be 'Edit Title' (not 'Sort Title') both of which are under the right click menu 'Manage'
I can't believe that something as fundamentally simple as concatenating two data fields together is beyond the reach of Kodi!
I take it your use case is to force a title sort to be in year order where titles are identical?

scott s.
https://imgur.com/9EA544v

Using Aeon Nox Silvo
OK,  here are the screenshots of before and after via Manual operations

1)  - Actual Physical NAS folder setup
2) in Kodi (using confluence - not interested in other skins) i select my source (using Files) and select the folder that I want to scan - in this case, Caligula -
3) I then Scan it to Library
4) when i view it under movies in the library (ie not Files) the result becomes
(note that the year has been stripped out)
5) I then have to physcally use [Right-click] Manage>Edit Title to retype in the year so that it matches  the original Folder structure
ImageImage
6) I know that I can sort the movies by year - but that is NOT what i want
- I want the list to be sorted alphabetically AND show the year without having to go through the tedious process of editing every damned single movie
(2024-02-17, 21:29)Lefrenchman36 Wrote: (using confluence - not interested in other skins)
Oops.. as estuary is the default skin, I suspect you are using an older Kodi that has been depreciated.
(2024-02-17, 21:29)Lefrenchman36 Wrote: I know that I can sort the movies by year - but that is NOT what i want
Hum.. I suspect the skin wasn't written for you and your wants. Suggest exploring some skins that might be closer to your wants or appealing to the skin author to offer a code patch.
(2024-02-17, 23:08)PatK Wrote:
(2024-02-17, 21:29)Lefrenchman36 Wrote: (using confluence - not interested in other skins)
Oops.. as estuary is the default skin, I suspect you are using an older Kodi that has been depreciated.
(2024-02-17, 21:29)Lefrenchman36 Wrote: I know that I can sort the movies by year - but that is NOT what i want
Hum.. I suspect the skin wasn't written for you and your wants. Suggest exploring some skins that might be closer to your wants or appealing to the skin author to offer a code patch.
Considering I have clearly stated that i am not interested in other skins, why suggest that i do so?
I will have to do the process i have outlined above, tedious as it may be!
Other skins are being suggested because it's a skin issue, simply put Confluence hasn't been designed to put the year alongside the title.
(2024-02-18, 00:41)Lefrenchman36 Wrote: Considering I have clearly stated that i am not interested in other skins, why suggest that i do so?
Because Confluence does not make what you want possible. So you either change skin, convince Confluence developers to change it in order to cater to your specific need or edit manually the sorting option.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
given that changing skins is not an option - I prefer the simplicity of confluence over the "Trendy Flashiness" of other skins, i will be using Occam;s razor principle of the simplest option invaraibly being the best way forward, soi will chnage the title to suit
The other option is to edit the skin so the lists are displayed how you want.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=346302
(2024-02-20, 00:45)jjd-uk Wrote: The other option is to edit the skin so the lists are displayed how you want.

Now THAT is the complete opposite of Occam's Razor! :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi (confluence skin) removes year from folder title when scanning0