Kodi (confluence skin) removes year from folder title when scanning
Well as you're on Windows editing the skin xml to show year would probably only be a simple 10 min job, and once done no editing of every movie you add.
yeah, but that's wouldn't be 10 mins
you are assuming that i am xml proficient and have no better things to do than learn a new language etc
on top of that, by doing things msnuslly i can verify that i'm getting correct foreign language details (about 40% of my films are French, with a smattering of italian and german
the one thing i hace added is the extras add on which "simpllifies " things like the Aliens box sets
In that case perhaps one of the external metadata management tools might help simplify your workflow if you find updating the title within Kodi too tedious. They are not something I've ever had need to use so I know very little on any of the specifics, so take a lookat the Supplementary Tools for Kodi forum here https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116 if it's something you might consider.
thanks, but i like to keep things simple - more stuff to install/learn - can't be bothered- life's too short
I'm up to M anyway, so am ok with a little manual editing - was missing a lot of godzilla movies 'til i realised they been acanned in japanese- oopsie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi (confluence skin) removes year from folder title when scanning0