Picture-Slideshow as Screensaver and/or Visualisation
i like to have my mp3 playlist running with simultaneously one nice slideshow shooting nice pictures on the tv screen.

with xbmc this is possible (thanks)

but at the moment i see you can't "play" a random slideshow for the selected folder.

in the mean time it would be nice to be able to save it. i mean the choosen pictures or folders to be saved in one or more slideshows.

bye

always thank you for your work

robert
Star 
see existing sourceforge rfe (by myself) on the very same topic: http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=817131
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
nice & complete rfe. i'd love to see it implemented.
--jaga
Exclamation 
(gamester17 @ may 24 2004,11:16 Wrote:see existing sourceforge rfe (by myself) on the very same topic: http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=817131
note for my above suggested rfe to work, this other rfe for "separate location for music/video/picture playlists" have to be coded first Image
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
hi all,

yesterday i found out the great picture slideshow feature in xmbc. all my photo-cd's (with jpg-pictures) run perfectly. there is one thing that i cannot find, namely the sound. is it possible to play a mp3 (or other format) while watching the slideshow?

thanks...
fape
Question 
it would be nice if xbmc could cycle through all the pictures in the my pictures folder (and sub folders) as a visualisation for the audio playback.

thanks

dave
yes, start a mp3 or create a playlist and then use the slideshow, (there currently no way to auto-play music if that's what you ask)
thanks. that is indeed a possibility. i hope the support of playing a mp3 (or other format) while viewing a slideshow will be added in the future. for example add a mp3 or a playlist in one folder and when pressing slideshow then playing the mp3 or the playlist in that folder.

adios, fape
i really like the update to my pictures & the slide shows in there; particularly the random ordering & the new transitions.

great job guys!

i like to queue up a bunch of music and then start a slide show. i'm wondering if there is anyway to set up a key on the remote to start a random slide show from my pictures without having to navigate back from the music playlist screen, to the main menu, and then into my pictures?

it would make it the equivilent of any new visualization option.

thanks,
richard
no one have any thoughts on this? could it be done with a python script that could be mapped to a key on the remote?

am i wasting my time with this idea?

thanks
richard.
no. there is just currently no way to do it as far as i'm aware.

you can grab a particular window (such as the slideshow window) from within python, but i'm not sure if you can feed it the directory to play pics from or not.

it will be added in time - don't worry.

thanks for the reply and for pointing me to this thread.

yet another reason to "stay tuned" to future releases!

richard.
hi,

i have seached but couldn't find if this was possible or not so hence the post (please don't flame if it is obvious Smile)

is it possible to run the default 'my pictures folder' as an automatic slideshow as the screensaver?

thanks for any assistance.

cc
Sad 
hope this hasn't been suggested and rulled out (i did do a search but didn't came up with anything that i thought was the same).

anyway as per the topic, my suggestion is to have a visulisation option where you could have a slide show of pictures (where it zooms in out pans and other random transitions) or (seperate or combined if you can find a way) where it will play a video (with or without audio).

the main reason i think this will be good is because u could have these running while your mp3's are playing.

but the main reason i do want this is so i can have the slide show or video running while i have the cdg enabled for karaoke nights...

what do you guys think?
so just curious as to know if this would be possible at all ? Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture-Slideshow as Screensaver and/or Visualisation0