Film sets and individual films withing those sets
Skin : Confluence
i have nodes that break up the library into # and A to Z
Example - Abbot and Costello Movies
about 70% of the above start with 'A', so can be found under the 'A' Node
however some of their films start with different letters (Buck privates - of which there are two, and Round the Mountain)
-----------------
I know i can create movie sets - However there is an issue
if i create a movie set called "Abbot and Costello Films, and add in 'Abbot and costello meet Frankenstein' and 'round the Mountain' two things happen
1)   'Abbot and costello meet Frankenstein' dissapears from the list of 'A' films
2)   'round the Mountain' doesn't appear in the movie set
in 1, i'd like to have both the set AND the individual films
and 2) to have ALL the films under the movie set

I'm guessing this is in part due to Nodes - so can it be resolved?
(2024-02-17, 10:01)Lefrenchman36 Wrote: I'm guessing this is in part due to Nodes
Nope. Nodes cannot intefere with the movie sets. There is something else going wrong.
Movies and tv shows are in the video database. Nodes are an external xml file. An xml file cannot affect the database.
How are you adding them to movie sets?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
There is a Kodi setting "Show Movie Sets" which controls when movies are grouped into sets in views.  When selected, the sets are shown, with option to show "single movie sets".  If you unselect "show movie sets" then you should see sets only in the "sets" node, which I think is close to what you want.

scott s.
I've created a 'Abbot and Costello Collection' folder inside my vintage comedy collection ,  note post #3

-I set a path to that source in nodes,
-noting the titles you have to manually create the set; if the meta-data doesn't contain the set designation.
-create a smart playlist either based on each individual movies or just specify path called by a node.

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node type="filter">
    <label>Abbot and Costello</label>
    <content>movies</content>
    <order direction="ascending">path</order>
    <rule field="path" operator="startswith">
        <value>T:\Vintage Comedy Collection\Best of Abbot and Costello\</value>
    </rule>
    <icon>T:\Vintage Comedy Collection\Best of Abbot and Costello\poster.jpg</icon>
</node>

in C:\Kodi-Omega\Kodi\portable_data\userdata\library\video\vintage\vintagecomedy with the correct index.xml and abbotandcostello.xml

I no longer use the entire library collection, but primarily use recent, genre, nodes, smart playlists and file mode for selection. My library is genre based for the most part. Hope that helps
(2024-02-17, 17:33)scott967 Wrote: There is a Kodi setting "Show Movie Sets" which controls when movies are grouped into sets in views.  When selected, the sets are shown, with option to show "single movie sets".  If you unselect "show movie sets" then you should see sets only in the "sets" node, which I think is close to what you want.

When I switch this off, the 'Abbott & Costello Movies' set dissapears (predictably) and alll show up
Note that I have nodes which divide all my movies into their individual Alpha sets
so i select my A-Z  node option then got to the letter i want
under A, (if sets are enabled) i would expect to see the 'Abbott & Costello Movies' set, but inside that set, i ONLY see A&C films that start with 'A'
even though the 2 'Buck Private' films are part of the set
The ONLY way i have got round this is to prefix the 2 'Buck' films with 'Abbott & Costello - " which is tedious

(2024-02-17, 21:56)Lefrenchman36 Wrote: When I switch this off, the 'Abbott & Costello Movies' set dissapears (predictably) and alll show up
Yup, that's expected behaviour. This is good feature if you have a small library, larger collections require different slice & dice handling. 

Create a 'source drive' with only sets and populate it accordingly.
(2024-02-17, 21:56)Lefrenchman36 Wrote: got round this is to prefix the 2 'Buck' films with 'Abbott & Costello - " which is tedious
No one said being a librarian was easy. Kodi makes fast work of these given the 'set' flag in the .nfo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Film sets and individual films withing those sets0