Information Looking for an equivalent >> Is this not a thing or am I missing something?
So one of the "bugs" that haven been brought up is the way the skin creates and reuses some of the panels / lists to render operational buttons for each content type being presented... i.e. Movies, TVShows, Episodes etc.

The key issue is that one of the buttons does not work correctly when it is in episode mode, one of the buttons does not work at all because it isn't coded to do anything in that mode.

In movie mode and tv mode, it works as expected because of scripts were executed correctly because the script it is calling the needed information requested.

This is the "TMDb Info" button in particular. In this skin, it pulls in the information specific to the the movie or tvs shows budget, actors (duped from main area, but ok), and whatever else the API seems to deliver via the script JSON data. Each episode does have a specific tt number and/or ID on the site making them unique, so you'd think it would be a simple call by getting the Kodi internal tt / ID number and have it parse to the API and send it to the runscript.

I've tried to look through the script and one that is similar to it and I don't see anything that makes sense to episode info.

What I don't understand is that TMDb has this info for each episode of within the series, so it isn't like we are calling for data that isn't there, but right now, I can't seem to find anything on this site / Google / Github that calls to direct episode information even if some may find that it isn't necessary or not. I would like to implement it into my skin if I can figure out the correct way to call what seems to be a script to do it or other method.

The main two functions use Runscript so it seems that the mechanism to render it out and put the data in the grids and work correctly for Movies and TVShows, just not episodes (not coded of course hence post).

Here is what the two that do work look like:

Code:

<variable name="VideoInfoTMDbVar">
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie)">RunScript(script.embuary.info,call=movie,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</value>
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow)">RunScript(script.embuary.info,call=tv,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</value>
</variable>

So is there an equivalent that will support a method that looks like this? My local debugger to see the DBType does show that when I hover over a seasons episode that episode as DBType is active so getting the ID should be just a matter of it plugging the ID and getting the TMDb from the script and populate.

Is this the right train of thought? I don't know enough about script.embuary.info or script.embuary.helper to be able to use it as runscript and not as plugin to make it work (yet).

So I figured asking here made sense to see if I'm going down a rabbit hole where it can be done in a easier / known way.

NOTE: I prefer not to visibility code it out in episode mode if I don't have to and would really like to find a way to make it work.

"Bugs" are coming from old thread before I started looking at this:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3175042

Thanks for reading.
Chris
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
This is still on my radar, is there any option to make this work or other plugin I could call/reference to make this work? 

This is a "bug/feature" I'd really like to solve but have been focused exclusively on the Github / Repo. Now that is resolved, I am looping back to the skins needs to move forward.

Can anyway shed some light?

Thank you,
Chris
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
This is isn't a Kodi/skin problem; it's all down to the script you're using. In this case script.embuary.info which is no longer maintained. I'd suggest you look into switching over to TheMovieDB Helper instead.
(2024-02-29, 22:02)Hitcher Wrote: This is isn't a Kodi/skin problem; it's all down to the script you're using. In this case script.embuary.info which is no longer maintained. I'd suggest you look into switching over to TheMovieDB Helper instead.
Oh boy, didn't know that... I'll have a look and see what it takes to make the switch.

TY!!!

Smile
Mr. V's Original Source

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for an equivalent >> Is this not a thing or am I missing something?0