Kodi v20.4 (Nexus) Audio sync issue
Since the Kodi v20.4 (Nexus) update, I have had an audio sync issue on just about all sources with the exception of some DTS.  It seems to be consistently ahead 0.250 seconds.  I have been using Kodi for years, just about stock no add-ons without any issues until now.  DTS sources I have to revert back to normal sync.

My settings are to Pass-through WASAPI 7.1 channels (but I dont think it matters with pass-through)| Win11 exclusive mode, Nvidia Card | HDMI to AVR

Playback is normal with passthrough modes for Plex and VLC. 

Wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if it will be corrected in the next release. Currently I have just set ahead 0.250 seconds as default for now.
Which version were you using before this update to 20.4?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
It was 20.3, however I did not use / view much after I upgraded to 20.3, (maybe a week?) I had been on 20.2 since summer.  I try to stick to release only.
I went through the list of changes from 20.2 to 20.5 (fresh out of the oven) and don't see what could cause this for the Windows platform.

Can you downgrade to 20.3 and 20.2 to confirm when this started? Or maybe something else changed on the PC and Kodi version is irrelevant.

.25 second is not much delay, how did you measure it?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I have a short "bouncing ball" video that I use to verify audio sync.  Its only happened once before well over a year ago with Kodi.  Im not sure when, I know that would be helpful.  Its odd just with Kodi.  Ill try upgrading to 20.5 and see if it resolves.  If others are not reporting the same issue with passthrough then I wont be too concerned about it, the offset works, just once and a while I have to zero it out for DTS sources.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v20.4 (Nexus) Audio sync issue0