Solved Kodi Playback freezes after 10 secs
It doesn't matter what type of video I try to play in Kodi the playback freezes. The timer continues to count but the video freezes after 10 seconds.
I thought it was to the fact that Kodi is running on some older hardware except I am able to play the same videos with VLC without freezing. 
This problem is consistent in 20.5, 20.0, 19.5, 19.4, and 19.3

I copied the video's to the local drive to eliminate a possible issue with Network latency or a SMB issue. The freezing continued to happen at the 10 sec mark.

Kodi is not freezing or crashing as I can stop playback, it is just the video playback.

I am not sure what information would helpful to include.

Intel Nuc5i3RHY with 8 GB ram, 256GB SSD running Windows 10 Pro 

Is this a case of the i3 just not being to play video with the Kodi overhead?
You need to enable debug logging in Kodi system settings, repeat the freeze, then upload your log to paste.kodi.tv so we can have a look at what's going on.

scott s.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2024-03-14, 20:37)rlongfield Wrote: It doesn't matter what type of video I try to play in Kodi the playback freezes. The timer continues to count but the video freezes after 10 seconds.
I thought it was to the fact that Kodi is running on some older hardware except I am able to play the same videos with VLC without freezing. 
This problem is consistent in 20.5, 20.0, 19.5, 19.4, and 19.3

I copied the video's to the local drive to eliminate a possible issue with Network latency or a SMB issue. The freezing continued to happen at the 10 sec mark.

Kodi is not freezing or crashing as I can stop playback, it is just the video playback.

I am not sure what information would helpful to include.

Apologies if this is not the place to post, I'm not tech savvy, but I'm having the same problem.
Intel Nuc5i3RHY with 8 GB ram, 256GB SSD running Windows 10 Pro 

Is this a case of the i3 just not being to play video with the Kodi overhead?
I actually sorted this out last night. It seems that there has to be an audio out device connected to the computer for playback to work properly. I was just setting Kodi up and had the computer connected to one of my monitors with the mini DP port. Even though DP support audio, I assume that since my monitor doesn't have speakers, it's not seen as an audio device.
As soon as I connected a pair of ear buds to the front panel audio port playback was perfect.
Love it when users solve, thanks for getting back to us.

Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Playback freezes after 10 secs0