What’s the bottleneck?
Streaming movies from PC to TV (Kodi)

Trying to pin down what’s exactly at fault here.

I have a Seagate Expansion 16TB External Hard Drive HDD - USB 3.0, with Rescue Data Recovery Services (STKP16000400) https://a.co/d/7SZWCBa hooked up to my desktop. It’s plugged into a USB 3.2 port and the desktop is wired to my router.

I’ve ripped a small batch of my Blu-ray’s and DVDs to the external HDD. My TV has a 2nd Gen Fire Cube that I have Kodi on. I’ve shared the HDD with my Kodi and can access my movies. When I stream a 480 movie best I can tell no stuttering buffering. When I try and stream a 1080 movie (Blu-ray) it’s telling me the “Source too slow. Read rate too low for continuous playback.” The Blu-ray rip is ~28 GB and the 480 is ~5 GB.

Where’s my bottle neck? Is it the HDD, my network, or the cube itself? Any suggestions to try and fix this? I’d like to have all my movies on one HDD and it be accessible wirelessly to the rest of my house.
Are you having any problems with playback, like stuttering?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Also, there may be a fix for that issue, especially if you are not having any playback problems...
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/24582
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What’s the bottleneck?0