Running dual instances in portable mode possible?
I'd like to run Nexus and Omega at the same time for dev purposes. Is this something that is possible. I've tried to launch one while the other runs, clearly it knows the other is active and focus goes to open process.

I don't want to window a VM with an entirely different install which is a major resource hog, so running two without a VM would be helpful.

Is there a shortcut switch or method like .exe rename that would make this work?

Thanks.
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
While you can multiple versions of Kodi installed and independant of us other with portable mode, it is not possible to run anymore than the one instaance at a time.
it's an easy change to the source code (WinMain.cpp) if you can build your own Kodi.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2024-03-24, 19:20)CrystalP Wrote: it's an easy change to the source code (WinMain.cpp) if you can build your own Kodi.

I have never attempted it, what is the central IDE? Is it VS studio? Something else? Never even attempted to look, so sorry for the noob question.
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
Found this:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Windows.md
Mr. V's Original Source
Yes. Instructions are in the main git repo, docs/README.Windows.md
You can post in the Development / Kodi Application section if you run into issues.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
I assume the commenting out of the check would still work as in https://github.com/jjd-uk/xbmc/commit/ea...e84e14268f
That's the one.
I run into this need from time to time as well, maybe a command line option could be added (not a setting, that part of Kodi hasn't been initialized yet IIRC).
It's a good way to shoot yourself in the foot if not careful though.
(2024-03-29, 21:19)eliza50 Wrote: ......... By launching separate instances from distinct directories

Actually I have both portables in unique directories and it will not start two instances this way. I think Kodi looks at the task manager for a running instance and aborts any new startup.
Mr. V's Original Source
That persons posts look suspiciously like a Chat GPT response.
(2024-03-30, 01:41)mikeSiLVO Wrote: That persons posts look suspiciously like a Chat GPT response.
That user has been warned twice.. three strikes and he's out. Looking at his post history, and a bot might explain it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Running dual instances in portable mode possible?0