Question about wrapmultiline, general Controls and Includes
Hello all, i read through https://kodi.wiki/view/Skinning_Manual and currently have these questions:

Anyone sees a reason why my Label if it doesn't fit in the width 400 doesn't use a scond line when using wrapmultiline?:

Code:
                    <control type="label">
                        <left>0</left>
                        <top>205</top>
                        <width>400</width>
                        <height>40</height>
                        <label>$INFO[ListItem.label]</label>
                        <shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
                        <align>left</align>
                        <aligny>top</aligny>
                        <wrapmultiline>True</wrapmultiline>
                        <font>font10</font>
Shouldn't it use a second line if the label doesn't fit? What can be the reason it doesn't?

Second, i love the Wiki Pages and thanks to all that contributed to it! But is there any page/resource that shows all the Controls you can use (Label/Fade Label/Image/...) as pictures? So you can see what they are actually doing without coding it and test just to see what it does? Wink

And last, i have my Home.xml, but editing in here is very stressful if you ask me. I have added some panels to it. Is it possible to just use <include myxml.xml> in Home.xml and have the xml-code for that Panel in this file included? Or do i have to go via Includes_Home.xml ...?

Thanks for any hint!
About the first issue you very likely have to increase the height, 40 is probably not enough for 2 lines.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
For second, just need an enterprising sole to create something like Qt Designer for Kodi skin language.

scott s.
You've also captilised the T of true so you have:

xml:
<wrapmultiline>True</wrapmultiline>

it should be

xml:
<wrapmultiline>true</wrapmultiline>
I have encountered the exactly same issue. My xml does not break into a new line. With [CR] in label could help, but auto multiline doesn't. Kodi 21.0.
<control type="label">
 <left>25</left>
 <top>238</top>
 <width>220</width>
 <height>44</height>
 <font>font12</font>
 <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
 <wrapmultiline>true</wrapmultiline>
 <align>center</align>
 <aligny>center</aligny>
</control>
Where is your label control used?
In View_52_IconWall.xml, aimed to enlarge icon. I found the filename under icon can't break well even in default skin, so I tried changing it from 'text box' to 'label'.
(The file name does not scrolling in original skin, static and incomplete.)
If I changed the 'align' to 'left', file name can break very well. With default 'center', the file name will appear anormal.
<control type="textbox">
<left>25</left>
<top>148</top>
<width>350</width>
<height>74</height>
<font>font12</font>
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
<align>left</align>
<aligny>center</aligny>
</control>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about wrapmultiline, general Controls and Includes0