Solved Almost all video addons especially YouTube and screensavers like Kaster not working.
The title says it all. I can't use these after installing them. It says "Youtube Error, Check Log for more info" same with Kaster and others. I will post the log after a few mins if needed. Also I have another question, is Tobalan repo trustworthy because It contains Jiotv which is a free live tv app, so is it ok for me to use? since it is just a client for the actual legal Jiotv which is owned by one of the largest networks here....

Thank you
Here is the log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/anakokihuv.kodi
From your log:
Code:
Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
info <general>: Log level changed to "info"

Please enable debug logging in Kodi settings.  Also recommend always switching to "Estuary" skin while troubleshooting.  I do see you are running Kodi x32 on Windows 7.  Not sure that's really supported any more.  The python exceptions are all import issues suggesting either bad install of addons or a file system problem.

scott s.
(2024-03-28, 13:05)computerblade Wrote: Tobalan repo trustworthy
It has the Disney logo... and I haven't heard Disney giving anything away for free.

Suggest that the Kaster add-on is not working, encouraging the author to support might help here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=319709&page=3
Here is another log with debug logging enabled and skin set as Esturay.

https://paste.kodi.tv/usiheriyel.kodi
I have replied with the log on the Kaster thread as well ...
Might the FFMPEG version 4.4.1 (due to Win7 usage?) be a factor here?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I don't think that should be the case, since other videos (local storage) play fine...
And also the youtube addon just does not want to load at all and crashes after managing to load it with "Youtube error: Check log ..."
Should I try a codec like K-lite?
(2024-03-29, 12:46)computerblade Wrote: Should I try a codec like K-lite?
Kodi uses internal algorithms, no need for codec packs.. The Team Member @enen92 is marked as taking a break, posting in the specific forum should get his attention at his convenience. 
(2024-03-29, 12:46)computerblade Wrote: the youtube addon just does not want to load at all and crashes
Post in the forum for this add-on https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356934&page=56 with a debug log showing the issue.
This is a guess, but my idea is that python 3 on the 32 bit Windows version of Kodi is messed up.   The import error on _socket refers to a compiled dll file part of python so 32-bit dependent.  And then the import error "No module named 'BaseHTTPServer'" sure, because that module is in Python 2 not 3.

scott s.
I will try to fix these issues, but now Windows is unable to boot for some reason. Actually this has happened to me countless times, this could be due to a failing HDD...
It could have also corrupted my Kodi installation therefore these issues are happening, if these issues still happen, I will try upgrading Python to 3.8 to try to fix it...
Thanks for the suggestion though!
A bit Off-topic: In post #10 in this exact thread, @eliza50 used AI to write their post which didn't help me at all. That person has been using AI to write their post a lot. It is useless when no actual advice was provided with AI.
Maybe we should remove post #10...
(2024-03-30, 11:16)computerblade Wrote: used AI to write their post
Benign messages really don't have a place in support forums, this isn't a social network. We have recognized that and warnings have been delivered.
Good!
Anyways now I am having another issue with the Platform update KB2670838 which I am currently fixing so that I can install Kodi, after that I will come back and report any Kodi issue.
bye for now!
At the end of the day, I just ditched Windows 7 in favour of Linux Mint XFCE in which everything of Kodi runs perfectly! Thanks for your help anyway!
Using Kodi since 2020...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Almost all video addons especially YouTube and screensavers like Kaster not working.0