Movie Set displays wrong names
Now that I am accessing Kodi 21.  I found an error i don't know if it is a skin issue or if it is an error in Kodi itself.

Using Aeon Tajo skin when listing the titles and it comes across a collection (like Alien Collection) It displays the wrong titles on the screen, yet if you go into the collection it displays the correct ones.  

(2024-04-08, 03:02)zacgates99 Wrote: I found an error i don't know if it is a skin issue or if it is an error in Kodi itself.
I've moved your post to Aeon Tajo forum.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
As you can see, I don't have any problem with that set (nor with any other)...

...you have an easy way to check if it's a problem with Aeon Tajo or not, change to Estuary and go to the same set...

I suppose that you'll find the same issue, since the method that Aeon Tajo uses to show the movies belonging to a set is the same that Estuary. Do your other sets show correctly their movie names? If so, it might be that something is botching up the set movie list. Just guessing, but it might be a weird character in a movie name, for instance the '3' in Alien 3, since I see it's in a smaller size and in an upper position...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2024-04-08, 13:01)manfeed Wrote: As you can see, I don't have any problem with that set (nor with any other)...

...you have an easy way to check if it's a problem with Aeon Tajo or not, change to Estuary and go to the same set...

I suppose that you'll find the same issue, since the method that Aeon Tajo uses to show the movies belonging to a set is the same that Estuary. Do your other sets show correctly their movie names? If so, it might be that something is botching up the set movie list. Just guessing, but it might be a weird character in a movie name, for instance the '3' in Alien 3, since I see it's in a smaller size and in an upper position...
Estuary displays the collection plot and not the list of titles and is the correct plot for the collection.

It is random some have the correct titles others do not. I have found about 10 collections with the wrong titles. All of them display the 666 collection titles. Which happens to be the first collection alphabetically.
Correction that was the other skin displaying the plot. Estuary does not display the correct titles.

Here is another twist to the puzzle.

To get 21 installed I had to run it as administrator because of memory violations. So I just tested something. Running kodi as administrator it displays the right titles. Run it normally and I get messed up titles.

Could this be caused by a memory error or something in the enterprise edition of windows 11?
No idea, anyway it's good to know that you have found that the issue it's not related to Aeon Tajo. Maybe you can post in another forum thread to see if anyone can help you. I run Kodi in portable mode and windows 11 and I don't have any issue.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Set displays wrong names0