DVD ISO naming conventions
Background:
Will be archiving all my DVD and BD into boxes and putting them into storage.  Turning all of them to MKV would be a bit laborious to say the least.  So I have ripped them to ISO with AnyDVD HD and CloneCD.
These have gone onto my NAS whole.
I have a couple of queries regarding naming of the files to be scaper friendly.  I currently have all movies in a single folder and tv series in multiple folders sorted by name and series.

Examples (Movies):
- Movies/1_ Life On The Limit (2014).iso
- Movies/Akira (1988) Special Features.iso
- Movies/Akira (1988).iso

Examples (TV Series):
- TV/Frasier (1993)/Season 01/Frasier (1993) - s01e01-e06.iso, etc.
- TV/Twin Peaks (1990)/Season 01/Twin Peaks (1990) - s01e01e02.iso, etc.

The Issues:
- The films show up but for films like Akira which have a special features disc - a surprisingly large number of them do - I can't tell which of the files are the film and which are the special features.
- Blu Ray menus don't show.  Eventually after several minutes it gives an option to play. I pick the option with the most chapters. I haven't tried with a TV series yet to see how it works.
- TV series don't show up.  The only thing in my library is Love Exposure which I have never even heard of and definitely not in my library.  The file location given is correct but I think the iso files might confuse the scraper.

Resolution:
- How to name the disc images so I can tell which are the special features and which are the main films.
- Better support for blu ray menus.  There was a thread (which I have since lost) that discussed adding Java since Blu Ray menus are java based.  It was several years old and didn't seem to come to a resolution.  Is there are a plugin that does this?
- How to name TV series so they show in the menus.

I thought I would ask now rather than when I have dozens of files to rename rather than hundreds.
(2024-04-19, 17:47)graham.reeds Wrote: So I have ripped them to ISO
This is really not ideal and it will prove to be problematic for you. It will be sluggish, and you are already experiencing problems with scraping and playback.
Do it once, do it right Wink
mkv files, which are correctly tagged, is the way to go... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3162808

(2024-04-19, 17:47)graham.reeds Wrote: The films show up but for films like Akira which have a special features disc - a surprisingly large number of them do - I can't tell which of the files are the film and which are the special features.
Add the Specials iso to a folder named \Extras\ in the same folder as the movie.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras

(2024-04-19, 17:47)graham.reeds Wrote: Blu Ray menus don't show. 
This depends on the hardware and OS you are using for Kodi. Not all platforms will display the original bluray menu

(2024-04-19, 17:47)graham.reeds Wrote: TV series don't show up. 
I'd need a Debug Log.
Frasier is named incorrectly, but Twin Peaks looks fine.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-04-19, 21:15)Karellen Wrote:
(2024-04-19, 17:47)graham.reeds Wrote: So I have ripped them to ISO
This is really not ideal and it will prove to be problematic for you. It will be sluggish, and you are already experiencing problems with scraping and playback.
Do it once, do it right Wink
mkv files, which are correctly tagged, is the way to go... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3162808
(2024-04-19, 17:47)graham.reeds Wrote: The films show up but for films like Akira which have a special features disc - a surprisingly large number of them do - I can't tell which of the files are the film and which are the special features.
Add the Specials iso to a folder named \Extras\ in the same folder as the movie.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras
(2024-04-19, 17:47)graham.reeds Wrote: Blu Ray menus don't show. 
This depends on the hardware and OS you are using for Kodi. Not all platforms will display the original bluray menu
(2024-04-19, 17:47)graham.reeds Wrote: TV series don't show up. 
I'd need a Debug Log.
Frasier is named incorrectly, but Twin Peaks looks fine.

Harddrive space is not a concern now, time is.  Last thing I want to do is try and individual clip all the episodes out of discs. Frasier has 260+ episodes and then there is a Babylon 5 and Battlestar Galactica boxsets too.

Re, extra features folders I will try that.

Twin Peaks only looks fine because the first disc has episodes 1 & 2 and the international version on it (which should go in Season 00).  The rest are named similar to Frasier with their season/episode naming being s02e07-e12 etc.  Would it be better to name them s01e01e02e03e04.iso?  Personally I would prefer Kodi to recognise that if the format is s01d01 and extension is .iso, .dvd or something similar then it would recognise it is a disc image.
(2024-04-22, 12:48)graham.reeds Wrote: Would it be better to name them s01e01e02e03e04.iso
Yes. That is the correct method.
s02e07-e12 - I assume you are defining a range here - episodes 7 to 12 inclusive? If yes, then that does not work.

(2024-04-22, 12:48)graham.reeds Wrote: Personally I would prefer Kodi to recognise that if the format is s01d01
d01? There is no site that lists episodes by disks so there is no scraper to scrape them into the library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD ISO naming conventions0