Downgrade from Omega to Nexus
Hello,

Is this possible to downgrade from Omega to go back to Nexus with the Kodi Installer addon or this will broke all ?

Thanks.
Hello,

I will put some precisions why I would like to downgrade :
Since I updated to Omega 21, I suddenly can't play anymore 4K Hevc movies.
It's always buffering, sluttering, buffering again etc..
I've tried to configure more cache with the wiki informations, even if my files are on USB storage, cause I have enough RAM, but no change.
For what I see it makes an error while tying to load OMX.allwinner.video.decoder.hevc and c2.android.hevc.decoder (log file : https://paste.kodi.tv/xehivaliqo lines 3220 to 3230)

I checked with Aida64 and MediaCodec, these codecs are on my box.

Same result with different 4K movies and all worked fine with Nexus.

Thanks.
Quote:Running on Google Pixel 3 with Android 12.0.0 API level 31, kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 5.4.125

^^ nice box you have there.

Kodi's decoder Opening is the opinion that your box does not support HEVC Level 4.1 10 bit, as it cannot be found in the supported codec list.

So - then please downgrade to v20 and post another log?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Downgrade seems impossible, so I had to uninstall Omega and install last Nexus 20.5.
I didn't reinstall all my addons, etc.. to give you the log asap.

So with the fresh install I played the same movie, and all works perfect.
Here is the log : https://paste.kodi.tv/etabosuxat

PS: maybe they put an old phone in a case and sold me this as a multimedia box !! I should open the case to verify haha
Little add : the movie for the test start at line 2040 of the last log (Dune 2).
Cause it seems Kodi is analysing other files meanwhile for what I see.
I guess the related change in Kodi would be #22729?
Yes it worked by accident before, as profile was set to 0 only, so it was ignored. As we now know that there are broken BSPs ... we might want to choose profile = 0 as a falback again for mediacodec selection.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Please file a bug on our issue tracker. It's a regression for your device - sure, while it was a non seen firmware bug before. We simply did not check the profile in the caps, but later on checked for the color path only.
Hi,

I just opened a bug, feel free to correct if I made a mistake. 
I've linked it to this post.
Bug : https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/25145

Thanks
I just "upgraded" to Omega on my Nvidia Shield Pro.

The last track in all my .MKA files is suddenly listed at the top of the list (e.g. Track 12 will be at the top instead of Track 01, but with a bogus "length" and that last track at the top cannot be played.  So, in other words, for the new dump I did of the Wham! - Make It Big Atmos Audio Blu-Ray into a .MKA file, the last track, track# 08 - Careless Whisper cannot be played any longer because of this odd issue.  It worked fine in Nexus and Matrix.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Downgrade from Omega to Nexus0