Solved Having trouble calling the favorites for Omega, not sure what I'm doing wrong
Here is the log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/olisatolas.kodi

So I have favorites on my main horizontal menu, when I click on it, says:

Code:

2024-04-27 21:46:12.049 T:7924    error <general>: Window Translator: Can't find window Favourites
2024-04-27 21:46:12.050 T:7924    error <general>: Activate/ReplaceWindow called with invalid destination window: Favourites

I've searched my entire skin for: ActivateWindow(favourites) and replaced it with: ActivateWindow(favouritesbrowser)

The file was renamed as: MyFavourites.xml as defined from DialogFavourites.xml.

I realize that the entire structure of the file may not be 100% right because it is still using ID=450, but as it stands, it isn't even finding the "window" as shown by the log.

Here is the entire MyFavourites.xml. Is there something I'm missing? I tried to follow other skins "approach" realizing they are not all the same, but the key elements seem to be the same at the start of file.

50 is my simple list view for the skin, and I searched my entire skin for menucontrol and they all come back as 9050, so that should be right for the menucontrol value.

Anyway, looking for some guidance on how I can fix it. TY.

xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<window>
    <defaultcontrol always="true">50</defaultcontrol>
    <menucontrol>9050</menucontrol>
    <views>50,52,55</views>
    <include>AnimationDialogPopupWindow</include>
    <controls>
        <control type="group">
            <include content="DialogBackground">
                <param name="width" value="1220"/>
                <param name="height" value="760"/>
                <param name="label">$LOCALIZE[1036]</param>
            </include>
            <control type="list" id="450">
                <left>20</left>
                <top>90</top>
                <width>858</width>
                <height>600</height>
                <onleft>60</onleft>
                <onright>8000</onright>
                <pagecontrol>60</pagecontrol>
                <include content="DialogListDefault">
                    <param name="id" value="450"/>
                </include>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <left>878</left>
                <include>DialogVerticalSeparator</include>
            </control>
            <control type="grouplist" id="8000">
                <right>50</right>
                <top>100</top>
                <width>281</width>
                <onleft>450</onleft>
                <include content="DialogButtonAction">
                    <param name="id">8001</param>
                    <param name="label">$LOCALIZE[15067]</param>
                    <param name="onclick">Action(close)</param>
                </include>
            </control>
            <include content="DialogImage">
                <param name="texture">$INFO[Container(450).ListItem.Icon]</param>
            </include>
            <control type="image">
                <include>DialogHorizontalSeparator</include>
            </control>
            <control type="label">
                <include>DialogItemCountLabel</include>
                <label>$INFO[Container(450).NumItems,, $LOCALIZE[31001]]$INFO[Container(450).CurrentPage, - ]$INFO[Container(450).NumPages,/]</label>
            </control>
            <control type="scrollbar" id="60">
                <onright>450</onright>
                <include>DialogScrollBar</include>
            </control>
        </control>
    </controls>
</window>

Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
How are you trying to open favourites?

I made a quick MyFavourites.xml for Madnox and while it needs to be tweaked, it works when called correctly.

xml:
<window>
<views>50</views>
<controls>
<control type="group">
<include>AnimationVisibleFade</include>
<!-- List -->
<include>View50CoverList</include>
<!-- Topbar -->
<include content="TopBar">
</include>
</control>
</controls>
</window>
I call it it by on the home screen, up arrow, edit main menu. added favorites to the menu, added favorites star icon, added favorites background and then exited... it rewrites the main menu and then when I go to click on it.....well here's the rub, in Nexus, it works correctly, in Omega, it lead me here.

But that is how I made the shortcut to activate the favorites and expected it to open the window from MyFavorites.xml.

Is that the right methodology?
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-04-28, 04:25)mikeSiLVO Wrote: How are you trying to open favourites?

I made a quick MyFavourites.xml for Madnox and while it needs to be tweaked, it works when called correctly.

xml:
<window>
<views>50</views>
<controls>
<control type="group">
<!-- List -->
<!-- Topbar -->
</include>
</control>
</controls>
</window>

I just replaced my code with yours completely, and it still doesn't call it, must be something with the menu item. Not sure what is up with it. hmm..
Mr. V's Original Source
Ok, I found the source of the problem, I need to figure out what and where to fix it:

So I tried to change the action of the shortcut, it is still using the favourites instead of the favouritesbrowser for the link generation. Since I replaced them all, it should be updating the link upon change action? I think this is the issue of the call problem, but leads back to, how do I fix the template issue to call the proper updated window namespace?
Mr. V's Original Source
Does it look like this?

No, see above, it is using the OLD (Nexus down) ActivateWindow(Favourites)
Mr. V's Original Source
Pretty sure that common item list is coming from Skin Shortcuts.

You can either make your own groupings like I did here

Or try adding
xml:
<override action="ActivateWindow(favourites)">
<action>ActivateWindow(favouritesbrowser)</action>
</override>
to your overrides.xml file in the shortcuts folder.
(2024-04-28, 05:01)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Pretty sure that common item list is coming from Skin Shortcuts.

You can either make your own groupings like I did here

Or try adding
xml:
</override>
to your overrides.xml file in the shortcuts folder.

I think you're right on the source, it doesn't seem to update, but I'll look to see if I can update it...(maybe).

Groupings, errrrrr, damn, well, I guess if comes down to it.... 

I tried the override doesn't seem to be working, I'd added a screenshot to show that I matched your Git. I did a full restore from my Repo to make sure all the changes I been trying didn't interfere. Still not working and getting the same error. Getting late here, around Midnight, will have to pick this up in the AM.

Thanks for havin' a look.
Chris

Mr. V's Original Source
Separate point but your MyFavourites.xml is misconfigured.

You have listed 50,52,55 as views but none of these IDs exist in your window, so there is no "view" list to display the content in (i.e. nothing to populate with favourites).

The views tag tells Kodi which list(s) it should populate with the content for the "view". Which view is currently visible is cycled with Container.NextViewMode or set with Container.SetViewMode(id) commands

The only list you have is 450 which is not la view and, since it has no content tag either, it will therefore be empty.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2024-04-28, 06:02)jurialmunkey Wrote: Separate point but your MyFavourites.xml is misconfigured.

You have listed 50,52,55 as views but none of these IDs exist in your window, so there is no "view" list to display the content in (i.e. nothing to populate with favourites).

The views tag tells Kodi which list(s) it should populate with the content for the "view". Which view is currently visible is cycled with Container.NextViewMode or set with Container.SetViewMode(id) commands

The only list you have is 450 which is not la view and, since it has no content tag either, it will therefore be empty.

Understood, that makes sense.

As of the last post last night, I was using Mike's version that he implemented to try and remove any issues:

xml:

<window>
    <views>50</views>
    <controls>
        <control type="group">
            <!-- List -->
            <!-- Topbar -->
            </include>
        </control>
    </controls>
</window>

I will obviously use his baseline and expand on it once I can get this sorted. I just woke up, so I'll pick up and see if I can figure out where this is going wrong.
Mr. V's Original Source
I found this post:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3174736

it states the use of 2.1.0.

I have 2.0.3 and the wiki points here:

https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...s/releases

Does this live elsewhere ?
Mr. V's Original Source
So I edited library.py based on forum post. It fixes the problem but leaves the question, the override didn't work, I could repack and update the skin.shortcut to update upon update my skin. What is the right way to handle this? Here is the result:

Mr. V's Original Source
I just tried this on my other dev machine, Omega (only version I'm testing this on) is completely ignoring the directive:

<Excerpt of beginning of long file>
xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<overrides>
    </override>

I checked the shortcut generation, that is all still working under the Nexus umbrella of favourites, and the override should solve the bad link, but for some reason it isn't... I don't get it. Two machines, same issue?

I did fix it on my other dev by editing the skinshortcut py file. 

I did change the shortcut after Kodi rewrote the main menu to favouritesbrowser and reloaded the skin and it loaded the favorites no problem. So other machine, py file, this machine shortcut file, both work, .... both ignoring the override directive.

Any ideas??
Mr. V's Original Source
I'm not 100% sure since I am not that familiar with the Skin Shortcuts code but the override may only affect menu items already created. It wouldn't change any that were added after that override was added and the hash files generated. Nor any ones added from the common list that include the incorrect window name.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having trouble calling the favorites for Omega, not sure what I'm doing wrong0