Solved Having trouble calling the favorites for Omega, not sure what I'm doing wrong
(2024-04-29, 21:06)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I'm not 100% sure since I am not that familiar with the Skin Shortcuts code but the override may only affect menu items already created. It wouldn't change any that were added after that override was added and the hash files generated. Nor any ones added from the common list that include the incorrect window name.

I did make sure the override.xml file was updated with that entry before I created the favorites link on this machine. I will delete the favorites link and create a new one and see what it does.
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-04-29, 21:08)kittmaster Wrote:
(2024-04-29, 21:06)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I'm not 100% sure since I am not that familiar with the Skin Shortcuts code but the override may only affect menu items already created. It wouldn't change any that were added after that override was added and the hash files generated. Nor any ones added from the common list that include the incorrect window name.

I did make sure the override.xml file was updated with that entry before I created the favorites link on this machine. I will delete the favorites link and create a new one and see what it does.

Same result, deleted, watched file update, recreated:

xml:

<shortcut>
        <defaultID>1036</defaultID>
        <label>1036</label>
        <label2>Common menu item</label2>
        <icon>Favourites.png</icon>
        <thumb>special://skin/extras/icons/favourites.png</thumb>
        <action>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</action>
        </shortcut>
    <shortcut>

I did notice on your GitHub, there was a reference to 1036, but I thought that was unique to your skin, is there something more than the first line I need to add to the override.xml file?

Maybe that is where I'm going wrong?
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
The last time I tested an upgrade using the override action it worked but that was a while ago.

The 1036 is the same as $LOCALIZE[1036] and that is from the Kodi language file so all skins can use it.
(2024-04-30, 02:34)mikeSiLVO Wrote: The last time I tested an upgrade using the override action it worked but that was a while ago.

The 1036 is the same as $LOCALIZE[1036] and that is from the Kodi language file so all skins can use it.

That makes sense, but I found the root cause, kodi was using the cached version (Win10) in the %temp% folder because I don't have a script to clear cache on start. Once I nuked the entire temp folder and restarted, the override started working with the old favourites in place. 

Found that by accident, but it works now. My normal installs use EZ Maintenance and cleans the cache on startup, I added it to Omega and so far it has been ok. 

Silly, but marching on.... Thx Mike.
Mr. V's Original Source

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having trouble calling the favorites for Omega, not sure what I'm doing wrong0