• 6(current)
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] XBMC does not playback all RVMB files?
ecgoh,

Would you be able to make a work around for XBMC Live also?

Thanks,
Steve
laier21usa Wrote:ecgoh,

Would you be able to make a work around for XBMC Live also?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,
Sorry, I do not have the build environment for XBMC Live. But I can give you the code for the patch if you want.
ecgoh Wrote:you can find the fix for windows in this link also :

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=146b9...f6e8ebb871

I believe the same library for ATV can be use in MACOS X also.

This patch will not be available in the SVN since I am not the XBMC developers and I am not familiar with the development process here. And this particular patch is for RMVB or RM video only.

Hopefully some the XBMC team will take a look on this and put it into the next release.

The best way to help the community is to post these fixes on http://trac.xbmc.org as a patch.
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
ecgoh Wrote:The RMVB playback issue is cause by the external codec FFMPEG. In current XBMC, is build as shared library. That make it easier to recompile, so I only need to compile 1 specific share library rather then rebuiding the whole XBMC.

Quick silly question ... in order to compile these DLL files do I need to open a different project file in Visual C++. Cause I just did a compile of XBMC for Windows SVN 22516 using the directions on the wiki and it didn't compile any dll files, just the xbmc.exe file. Is there another project file that I would open to compile the dll file? Or is the DLL file source code even included on the XBMC SVN?

Thanks,
Harry
ecgoh Wrote:Hi Steve,
Sorry, I do not have the build environment for XBMC Live. But I can give you the code for the patch if you want.

If you could share the source code for this second patch also that would be great.

Thanks,
Harry
ecgoh Wrote:After patching the RMVB loading time, the RMVB video can be played without waiting time, but the video playback is not smooth (even local media files), I only can get average around 15fps in both windows and ATV.

So I went to check ffmpeg again and found there was another bug fix regarding RM codec, and I apply this patch to XBMC ffmpeg codecs.

To my surprise the RMVB playback improved to around 24fps.

Feel free to try out the new patch (same shared library).

WIN32 : http://www.mediafire.com/?zkyzyyywjaw

ATV : http://www.mediafire.com/?ngtl2dnxgyw

Ecgoh, This is just great great and great. I am very thankful for your update of the files. Since your workaround, I am finally being able to use XBMC in my mac mini and HTPC because of YOUR GREAT SUPPORT! I was using your patch file since last week to play RMVB files and I notice that the movie will be very lag to play and I am accept the fact of that because it is still better than nothing. That is NOTHING supported for RMVB from anyone in this forum. Either people will say don't use RMVB because of its bad encoding nor FFMPEG doesn't support RMVB. I was just disappointed. Once I saw your first post regarding the workaround patch files for mac and pc, I then start to post my 1st quesiton and I got your great support. This is just thank your great help. Now as TODAY, it is even better because of the NEW updated patch. The RMVB movies play even better and NO more lagging when I update the new patch. That is just excellent job you are doing. I was trying to delay the sound because it will always delay around 0.4 sec. Now no more, I am just trying to play 2 HD RMVB movie files. Both of them are playing without any delay or problems. I will be checking this forum very often now just in case you will have new update in the patch file.Big GrinBig Grin

It works and great. Excellent job!SmileSmile

I am surprised, too!Big GrinBig Grin

Not like anyone else that doesn't help in RMVB but you are excellent in helping people who have RMVB library. Someone should be taking your file to a new STICKY topic for people who need fix the RMVB problem in XBMC in all kind. So people can grab your updated RMVB patch file very easy. This is the only fix and great fix for the RMVB XBMC problem. The ONLY!

I am just telling you that the RMVB movie play so smooth. No slow. No lag.
Harry Muscle Wrote:If you could share the source code for this second patch also that would be great.

Thanks,
Harry

Actually, I just update the /ffmpeg/libavformat/rmdec.c from FFMPEG project. You can google around to find the SVN for FFMPEG.

The FFMPEG version that current use in XBMC is quite old, there been many fixes already done in FFMPEG, that's why for RMVB, it play well in MPlayer since they use latest FFMPEG.

I am current working on another known XBMC problem which is the auto thumbnail generation causing crashed on ATV, which related to FFMPEG.

Is not easy just to use the latest FFMPEG since they make so much changes.
fyi you are breaking the gpl here. where's the sources to those dll's? (not that i care all that much but if the ffmpeg devs see you they will). unless you are just being inprecise and you have actually grabbed a whole new svn revision in which case the rev number is enough.
spiff Wrote:fyi you are breaking the gpl here. where's the sources to those dll's? (not that i care all that much but if the ffmpeg devs see you they will). unless you are just being inprecise and you have actually grabbed a whole new svn revision in which case the rev number is enough.

Sorry that I do not know this violate the gpl, is not my intention not to share out the code, is just that i do not know a better way to share this.

If someone is willing to help me to put this into XBMC SVN, I would most willing send him the code.
no worries - i updated the entire ffmpeg @ r23484 - should bring this one as well.
spiff Wrote:no worries - i updated the entire ffmpeg @ r23484 - should bring this one as well.

Thanks spiff, this will bring more benefit to the entire XBMC community.
here is the link to 2 source file that I modified.

1. libavformat/utils.c -- fix slow rmvb loading problem
2. libavformat/rmdec.c -- fix choppy rmvb playback problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=146b9...5672f1b9df
Question 
simple question here so what do i need to do to get this workingHuh do i have to download the newest SVN? I am still learning about xbmc and i dont understand what i need to do with the files you are linking to. can you post a step by step guide on what needs to be done to get these files working without delay. PLEASE
either download and compile the new svn or use the links provided further up and replace the files on your mac/atv.
spiff Wrote:either download and compile the new svn or use the links provided further up and replace the files on your mac/atv.

Does following the compiling steps outlined in the wiki compile these DLL files? Cause I've compiled XBMC a few times and I've never gotten any DLL files. Is there a separate project file I need to open in Visual C++ to compile the files in question to get the DLL file in question?

Thanks,
Harry
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] XBMC does not playback all RVMB files?0