• 18(current)
XBMControl - a compact remote XBMC controller app for Windows (Open Source C# .NET)
Hmmm, I works pretty well for me! Are you sure the login credentials are set to the defaults?

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
If the defaults are xbmc:xbmc, then yes.
Started a new thread for XBMC Control Web page. Didn't want to pollute this thread with XBMControl Web stuff.

Look for the thread "XBMC Control Web Page".
Bram77

2 suggestions.

1) If XBMC is not detected, don't popup a config window. it is often that I may load XBMControl but XBMC is not yet started. Kinda a PITA Big Grin
- Can you maybe not pop that up and put some text on the main window stating "Cannot contact XBMC. Start XBMC and/or check XBMCcontrol config"?

2) XBMControl seems to 'hang' when it is doing something like like trying to communicate with XBMC and cannot. So, if I want to close it, the buttons are not accessible (e.g. nothing happens when I click them). Eventually it frees up and I can close it. another PITA Big Grin
- Can you see if there is a solution to this?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Hi,

I can't connect to my XBMC on Apple TV using this program.

I'm running latest Babylon release and entered all required info properly.

Any idea what can be wrong? I suspect it's Babylon build on Apple TV fault..
Good one!
BUT
will be better to use it with video too.
Make name of movie without song content and add movie tbn and it is good solution
to remote start to play cortoons for kids.
any updates?
Beuler?
This seems like a great app, gonna try it out soonish.. i'll be back with rice or roses! Smile
Bram77

any updates?
Livin,

There is a new release (v0.4.7).

This release addresses one of the two issues you brought forward. The configuration page now has a check box (the bottom one) that if unchecked will turn off the configuration page pop-up at XBMControl startup if there is no connection changed (the new behaviour will start next time the program is executed).

The other issue. XBMControl seems to 'hang'. To change the behaviour of XBMControl would basically need a complete re-write of the library developed by Bram77.

Enjoy,

Kabogoa
Thanks for the update. It is really nice to have that little app for pausing, etc

there is another issue I posted a while back... a blank 'Now Playing' balloon pops up constantly when nothing is playing.

I thought of another feature request, if you have time...

Right-Click the tray icon to bring up the "Controls" menu... instead of a Left Click and navigating to the menu. Would be nice since it would make things a lot quicker.

again, thx to Bram and yourself for the nice app.
XBMC Control has not worked properly for several XBMC builds... it will show the currently playing song but none of the controls work.

anyone else seeing this?
Yup, I have found the polling overhead makes it dreadfully slow. This happened suddenly in one of the builds. Not sure what changed!
HappyGoLucky Wrote:Yup, I have found the polling overhead makes it dreadfully slow. This happened suddenly in one of the builds. Not sure what changed!

Yup... I had to uninstall.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMControl - a compact remote XBMC controller app for Windows (Open Source C# .NET)3