• 21(current)
XBMControl - a compact remote XBMC controller app for Windows (Open Source C# .NET)
lansing,

The CAB file was compiled for Professional 6.5. I wouldn't use it. It was a work in progress. It did work in the emulator provided by Microsoft but that is how far as I had gotten.

Also, I am not working on XBMControl much anymore. I am spending my time on a Web based XBMC control. The project is located at http://code.google.com/p/xbmcontrol-web/
Wow, I just discovered this and i love it! Thanks!
Glad you like it Smile

I've switched jobs recently. In a few months I'll be able to continue working on the Java (truly cross platform) version of XBMControl.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
What's the "send media url to XBMC" function used for? It would be nice it's possible to send a youtube link and it starts to stream the video. Smile

Edit: Have you started to work on the Java version yet? I would be happy to test it for you and report bugs.
hellsing Wrote:What's the "send media url to XBMC" function used for? It would be nice it's possible to send a youtube link and it starts to stream the video. Smile

Edit: Have you started to work on the Java version yet? I would be happy to test it for you and report bugs.

Sorry, haven't had the time to continue working on jXbmcControl yet. Hopefully in Q1 of 2010 I will Smile
With Send media url does exactly what it says it does. Send a direct link to a media file and XBMC will play it. I wanted to integrate youtube video support (which would be cool), but never really took the time to write it. It's on my todo list for jXbmContol!

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77 Wrote:Sorry, haven't had the time to continue working on jXbmcControl yet. Hopefully in Q1 of 2010 I will Smile
With Send media url does exactly what it says it does. Send a direct link to a media file and XBMC will play it. I wanted to integrate youtube video support (which would be cool), but never really took the time to write it. It's on my todo list for jXbmContol!

Ok, i'm looking forward to it! Smile
Just wanted to say thanks - I've been messing with a XBMC's built in http ui over the past few weeks and it's really slow/buggy.

Yours is much better! Cool
Just tried this out and it works well. Only problem I'm having is that the album art isn't showing, I just get an XBMC logo. Any ideas? I wonder if the XBMC web API changed for this?
cheers,

crazyivan
CrazyIvan Wrote:Just tried this out and it works well. Only problem I'm having is that the album art isn't showing, I just get an XBMC logo. Any ideas? I wonder if the XBMC web API changed for this?

Having same problems here, but I'm not getting aittle artist or album either...

This isn't actively developed anymore... I might, if I get some time after exams, have a look at the code and trying to improve some things, including GUI. I only know VB and PHP though, I guess it'll be a nice challenge!

Anyone interested in this?
I'm pretty sure the way coverart can be addressed has changed (improved). I'm currently working on a JS library and new web interface for XBMC that uses the new (and much better) JSON-RPC api. The HTTP api will not be developed any further and in time will be completely replaced by the JSON RPC api. So I'm not going to put much more time into this project.

I haven't booted Windows in ages (ubuntu user) and I'd have to completely install everything regarding C# and creating the installer again. So I don't think I will fix the cover art issue. Sorry to dissapoint you guys Smile. If you feel like diving into the code...please do so!

Awesome app man great work. Cant thank you enough, now my tv can rest while im just playing some tunes.
hi,

does this work on a linux live?
Your question is if the app can communicatie from windows to Xbmc live? If so, yes.

Hooper818 Wrote:Awesome app man great work. Cant thank you enough, now my tv can rest while im just playing some tunes.

You're welcome, happy to make you happy. Smile

Bram77 Wrote:Your question is if the app can communicatie from windows to Xbmc live? If so, yes.

Thanks, downloaded it entered the ip showing on my xbmc and says cannot connect to xbmc, any ideas?

Have no issues connecting to it via the iphone app

thanks
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMControl - a compact remote XBMC controller app for Windows (Open Source C# .NET)3