• 22(current)
XBMControl - a compact remote XBMC controller app for Windows (Open Source C# .NET)
You may need to go into Settings -> Network and tell it to allow remote apps/machines to control XBMC
ClayM Wrote:You may need to go into Settings -> Network and tell it to allow remote apps/machines to control XBMC

Yeah that is already ticked, not sure what else it could be
Didi you enter the correct username and password? It's been so long since I've coded for this, that I can't remember if it'll work if not credentials are required.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
my username is xbmc/xbmc tried with and without
I'm guessing there is something really obvious going on, so obvious you're not seeing it. If you're on the same lan with your PC and the ip address and credentials are correct, it xbmcontrol should simply connect. I never had any problems with that and can't recall anyone else having trouble connecting.

Could it be a firewall is spoiling the party, or maybe a port forward in your router?

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
I'll go and double check everything Smile
Make sure the port is included in the ip address.

ex: 192.168.1.122:80

Bram77,
I'm thinking of adding the JSON RPC API support (as it is so far) to XBMControl. Do you have any thoughts or reservations about this?

Cheers,
Kabooga
I am an expert at acting like an expert ---- WC Fields.

XBMC Web Control Interface - https://github.com/mthiels/webinterface.xrc
That would be great kabooga! I have no reservations whatsoever. I wish I had the time myself. One thing that can surely be improved in XbmControl is the way it behaves when communication is lost or slow. This will probably improve anyway because of the new api Smile

Kabooga Wrote:Make sure the port is included in the ip address.

ex: 192.168.1.122:80

Bram77,
I'm thinking of adding the JSON RPC API support (as it is so far) to XBMControl. Do you have any thoughts or reservations about this?

Cheers,
Kabooga

Now works, thank you.

Is there a button to update my library?
hi there.
I run this program on Windows 7 /32bit

The program always works fine the first time executing it, but the second time it executes it always crashes. It then always crashes. However if I copy the .exe to a new location/dir it works again once. It pops up with configuration alternatives and when configured, it works.

what can be the cause of this strange behaviour? where is the config stored?
I am having this same issue. Windows 7 64 Bit

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free

clutch Wrote:hi there.

The program always works fine the first time executing it, but the second time it executes it always crashes. It then always crashes. However if I copy the .exe to a new location/dir it works again once. It pops up with configuration alternatives and when configured, it works.

The error reads:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '-2147483648' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
   at System.Windows.Forms.TrackBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
   at XBMControl.MainForm.UpdateData()
   at XBMControl.ConfigurationF1.ConfigurationF1_FormClosed(Object sender, FormClosedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
XBMControl
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/XBMControl3/XBMControl.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
This is what happens the second time i run the build

Hopefully this will provide some insight
When i type language file in the immediate window i get the following.

Im not master debugger but i am trying to lend a hand because i feel this application is awesome!!!!

Code:
languageFile
{Document}
    base {System.Xml.XmlNode}: {Document}
    BaseURI: ""
    DocumentElement: {Element, Name="language"}
    DocumentType: null
    Implementation: {System.Xml.XmlImplementation}
    InnerXml: "<language><mainform><connection><none>Can't connect with XBMC</none></connection><label><artist>artist</artist><title>title</title><album>album</album></label><playing><nothing>No media playing</nothing><now>Now playing </now><paused>Playback paused</paused></playing><dialog><lastfmLoveTitle>Last.FM Love track</lastfmLoveTitle><lastfmLove>This will add the currently playing track to your personal 'Loved tracks' on Last.FM.\\n\\nAre you sure you want to do this?</lastfmLove><lastfmHateTitle>Last.FM Hate track</lastfmHateTitle><lastfmHate>This will add the currently playing song to your 'Banned tracks' list.\\nThe song will never be played again when listening to Last.FM streamed radio.\\n\\nAre you sure you want to do this?</lastfmHate><ipNotConfiguredTitle>No ip address configured</ipNotConfiguredTitle><ipNotConfigured>The configuration form will allow you to configure XBMControl.</ipNotConfigured><unableToConnectTitle>Can't connect with XBMC</unableToConnectTitle><unableToConnect>Please make su
re XBMC is running and the ip address is correct.</unableToConnect><proceedMessage>Are you sure you want to proceed?</proceedMessage></dialog></mainform><configuration><title>Configuration</title><label><language>language</language><ip>ip address</ip><username>username</username><password>password</password><showInTray>Show in systemtray</showInTray><showInTaskbar>Show in taskbar</showInTaskbar><showNowPlayingBalloonTip>Show 'Now playing' balloon tips</showNowPlayingBalloonTip><showPlayStatusBalloonTip>Show play staus balloon tips</showPlayStatusBalloonTip><showPlayStatusWindow>Show play status window</showPlayStatusWindow><showConnectionStatusBalloonTip>Show connection status balloon tips</showConnectionStatusBalloonTip><runAtStartup>Run at windows startup</runAtStartup><startMinimized>Start application minimized</startMinimized><connectionTimeout>Connetion timeout</connectionTimeout><showConfigurationAtStart>Show this screen at startup</showConfigurationAtStart></label><language><noLanguages>No language file
s found</noLanguages></language><ipAddress><required>Entering a valid ip address is mendatory</required><invalid>Can't connect with the current ip address</invalid><proceedMessage>Are you sure you want to proceed?</proceedMessage></ipAddress></configuration><contextMenu><controls><title>Controls</title><previous>Previous</previous><play>Play</play><pause>Pause</pause><stop>Stop</stop><next>Next</next><mute>Mute</mute></controls><xbmc><title>XBMC</title><sendMediaUrl>Send media url</sendMediaUrl><showScreenshot>Show screenshot</showScreenshot><reboot>Reboot Computer</reboot><restart>Restart XBMC</restart><shutdown>Shutdown</shutdown></xbmc><saveMedia>Save media</saveMedia><show>Show</show><hide>Hide</hide><configure>Configure</configure><exit>Exit</exit></contextMenu><global><appName>XBMControl</appName><button><confirm>OK</confirm><cancel>Cancel</cancel></button></global></language>"
    IsReadOnly: false
    LocalName: "#document"
    Name: "#document"
    NameTable: {System.Xml.NameTable}
    NodeType: Document
    OwnerDocument: null
    ParentNode: null
    PreserveWhitespace: false
    SchemaInfo: {System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaInfo}
    Schemas: {System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaSet}
clutch Wrote:hi there.

Same problem here but I'm on Win7 64bit.
Used XBMControl v0.4.7 Setup.exe to install.

When I try to run XBMC Control I get a popup box about the app unable to run with the details:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: xbmcontrol.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4a414d83
Problem Signature 04: XBMControl
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4a414d83
Problem Signature 07: 176
Problem Signature 08: 21
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMControl - a compact remote XBMC controller app for Windows (Open Source C# .NET)3