• 6(current)
XBMControl - a compact remote XBMC controller app for Windows (Open Source C# .NET)
First day of working on the media browser teaser Smile

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
I've uploaded a new version. If XBMC is not running the application will crash. I haven't added detection for connectivity to the playlist and Media Browser yet. Will do that soon!

You'll be able browse your media files now, add them to the playlist or play them. Functionality is still limited but, if all is well Smile, you'll be able to fully control what is playing.

http://xbmcontrol.googlecode.com/files/X...0Setup.exe

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77,
just saw this thread... this is great!

a few feature requests...

1) Interface to run on Windows Mobile 6, please Smile
... This is PERFECT for either Wifi or Bluetooth control of XBMC... and with .NET 3.5 I think it is fairly easy to compile it to run on WM6?

2) Configuration controls
... configs in XBMC leave a lot to be desired. Example: setting the backgrounds for each skin must be done separately (via "browsing", or manually editing the XML... both options are a PITA. Having a nice interface to update the settings would rock.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
The compact framework won't have focus for a while. First I want to have a feature complete version for .NET 3.5 Once that is completed it will be fairly easy to port it to .Net Compact and Mono.

A new and improved version is available. The Media Browser and playlist functionality work pretty well now!

http://xbmcontrol.googlecode.com/files/X...0Setup.exe

Next rhing to do is look into sorting the playlist and saving/loading playlists.

I've uploaded a new version (0.3.8). Details and download are in the start post.

Excellent! thanks for keeping this alive!
call me stupid, what password and username do I fill in and how and where do I configure XBMC
kraxdaz Wrote:Good works man!
Maybe you can use the Installer integrated in Visual Studio?

=> Add a new project to your Solution => Other types of project => Deployment.

I'll try to re-use your code for a Windows Mobile Version, if you're ok??

Sorry for my english..

Bye!

This would be fantastic! Any progress on this?
I love the program. Still trying it out for a couple of days to see if it is stable enough to install it on the laptop on my girlfriends laptop ;-)

What I would like as features are:

- Being able to select a default folder to open up in the media-browser
- Have a playlist button to open up the playlist.
- Autoshow the artist/album info part on startup

I love the simplicity of the interface. Keep it coming this stuff!
The only real stability problem (to my knowledge) occurs wehn XBMControl is running and the XBMC host is disconnected or shut down. The latest version should show a popup asking if you want to close XBMControl, but instead it stops responding or becomes very slow.

Please notify me about any other exceptions you're getting!

Selecting a default folder to open won't be implemented in the near future, sorry.
The playlist button will be added in the next release.
I'm not sure what you mean by "Autoshow the artist/album info part on startup"

I'm implementing Database support now. So in the next release you will be able to search for artists, albums, songs and browse by artist, genre or album.
This will take some time though.

Using latest version, something I've noticed is that two instances of the same song are added to the playlist (I use partymode a lot) when "Enqueue" is selected from the media browser.

It would also be nice if there was an option to dock the playlist window with the main window... I spend forever looking for it when it loses focus.

This is turning into a very neat little app Bram, you must be very pleased. Thank you.
Kodi Leia v18.6 Android | Sony Bravia KD-65X9000E
Kodi Leia v18.6 X86-64 | ASRock ION 330-BD Intel Dual Core Atom 1.6GHz | 4GB RAM | HDMI Display | Analogue Audio | Flirc IR
Hi, any new developments on this front?
I'm working on it every free moment I have. Currently I'm struggling a bit with the database approach for media. Because I have a lot of music using the database with the http api is extremely slow. Querying all available songs from a particular artists takes about 15 seconds, even if there is only one song for that artist. It just takes XBMC very long to find it in the big database. I'm trying to figure out a way to speed things up. I might simply copy the database to the local machine and access it directly to overcome this. But the downside would be that any changes made in the database on XBMC while XBMControl is running would not be available until the database is downloaded again. And downloading the database could take a bit of time depending on the size (although it I'm talking about seconds here, most of the time).
It would be REALY nice if I could simply connect to the XBMC database files directly. Without having to use the http api web page results.

I've also completely reorganized the communication with XBMC. The XBMCcommunicator class was growing rapidly so I've created several class now to make it easier to use.

At this point I use 7 classes for communication..

- XBMC.Communicator.cs ~ handles the http requests and primary configuration
- XBMC.Controls.cs ~ handles the play, volume and progress actions
- XBMC.Database.cs ~ handles the database queries
- XBMC.Media.cs ~ handles the getting of shares info ('file mode')
- XBMC.NowPlaying.cs ~ handles the getting of 'now playing' information
- XBMC.Playlist.cs ~ handles everything regarding the playlist
- XBMC.Status.cs ~ handles the getting of everyting regarding the current status of XBMC

So now it's a bit clearer how to approach XBMC. Example....

Code:
using XBMC
XBMC_Communicator XBMC = new XBMC_Communicator();

XBMC.SetXbmcIp("10.1.1.100");
XBMC.SetCredentials("username", "password");
string[] aPlaylist = XBMC.Playlist.Get();
string[] aShares = XBMC.Media.GetShares("music");
int curVolume = XBMC.Status.GetVolume();
bool connected = XBMC.Status.IsConnected();
bool wsEnabled = XBMC.Status.WebserverEnabled();
string npArtist = XBMC.NowPlaying.Get("artist");
string[] aAlbums1 = XBMC.Database.GetAlbumsByArtist("artist name");
string artistId = XBMC.Database.GetArtistsId("artist name");
string[] aAlbums2 = XBMC.Database.GetAlbumsByArtistId(artistId);
XBMC.Controls.Play();
XBMC.Controls.LastFmLove();
XBMC.Controls.TogglePartyMode();

and so on.... But the database part isn't working really well yet. It will take some time to get it right! I'll keep you posted.

I've uploaded a new version (0.4.1)

Details and a new screenshot of the media browser are in the start post.
I haven't been able to test it very well and I've put hours and hours (and hours and days) into revising the communication layer and adding database support. So I wouldn't be surprised if you'll find some new bugs. Please let me know what you think and any new bugs you encounter! I'll try to fix them asap.

I'm moving to a new house meanwhile, so I might not be able to react to your comments as quickly as you're used to. But you'll hear from me sooner or later Smile

this is looking sweet!

can you make it "portable" -- thus not requiring an actual install, just run from a folder?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMControl - a compact remote XBMC controller app for Windows (Open Source C# .NET)3