When is next rel coming ? :)
First of all a big thanks to those who made this live project
what it is today. !!

I got everything working as i hoped. The only problem now is that this
thing is touchy and unstable. Offcourse as it's a beta i do expect that.
But im so freaking happy about this live project that i need to now when next rel is planned Smile

After a week of trial and errors, searching google and getting help here i think i got this rel as good as it can get.

This are the problems i think needs to be adressed:
1. xorg is still buggy, i use nvidia. When it works it works great but it's just a matter of enough reboots before you get dropped into a desktop or terminal.

2. USB drive mounting keeps changing randomly, creating havoc in my library etc etc.

These problems i think are the most critical. I have lived trough this by backing up all my *.img files when i got the usb stick perfect. so when something screws up i just recopy over the working *.img files.

Im still a linux newbie but learning fast Wink

Since i cant code im unable to help out it that department. but if you need testers i would gladly help out !

-TheBoxhead
Looks like Beta 2 has just been released, but I only see Linux and Mac versions at the moment ... is there a LIVE version on the way?
Sloppy Wrote:Looks like Beta 2 has just been released, but I only see Linux and Mac versions at the moment ... is there a LIVE version on the way?

I ask the same question! Smile
AFAIK you can update the beta1 LIVE to beta2 with apt from the console (assuming you've installed to USB). Though this will only update XBMC, so any underlying OS bug fixes won't be applied. The PPA has to be available for LIVE to be created, so I'm sure Luigi will be rolling a new image soon.
althekiller Wrote:AFAIK you can update the beta1 LIVE to beta2 with apt from the console (assuming you've installed to USB). Though this will only update XBMC, so any underlying OS bug fixes won't be applied. The PPA has to be available for LIVE to be created, so I'm sure Luigi will be rolling a new image soon.

I suppose there is no chance that the final live will be based on ubuntu intrepid ibex? This will solve quite a lot gfx driver issues i think.
cloud79 Wrote:I suppose there is no chance that the final live will be based on ubuntu intrepid ibex? This will solve quite a lot gfx driver issues i think.

not really, too close to the Atlantis release to switch!

BTW, Beta2 is on sf, is you know your way to beta2 downloads...
Main download link will be amended soon.
ahhh, so it is Smile

thanks heaps l.capriotti Smile Smile Smile Smile
I was wondering if we see a beta3 soon. The final release won't be the next, right ?
cloud79 Wrote:I suppose there is no chance that the final live will be based on ubuntu intrepid ibex? This will solve quite a lot gfx driver issues i think.

I'm not sure that intrepid is going to solve the gfx driver issues. As I know from trying to get it working myself. It has something to do with installing Nvidia 177.80 drivers. After hours on the Ubuntu forum, I finally found the fix.

But I'm sure the next release of Atlantis would be better suited on a an OS that's been proven, like Hardy, intrepid is still fairly new and they are ironing out the bugs.
Advice on Hardware
PC-LUXA2 CPU-AMD Phenom II X6 1100T RAM-12GB Video Card-AMD Radeon HD 6800
OS-Win7 32bit - Kodi - 14.0 Helix SKIN - Aeon MQ 5 Keyboard - DiNovo Mini

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When is next rel coming ? :)0