[APPLE TV] XBMC for Mac (Atlantis Beta 2) on the Apple TV
Released, Go to right hand menu and select "updates", beta2 should now appear in the update listings.

Enjoy.
thanks you guys for the hard work for making this work on the appletv! i've been waiting for this, however I am currently at work now. sucks. I can't wait to get home to update! Smile
nice work on the AppleTV Smile After reading this I am going to go to Best Buy today and buy an AppleTV...Though, I do have a question, hopefully someone can answer:

Can you upgrade the Interal 2.5" HDD that comes with the AppleTV?
Can you use an External Hard Drive with the USB Connection on the AppleTV?

I did some researching and there are hacks out there that allow you to, but I wasn't sure if it still would work after installing XBMC.

Thx in advance Smile xbmc on AppleTV is the sweetest idea Smile
NineT9mustang Wrote:nice work on the AppleTV Smile After reading this I am going to go to Best Buy today and buy an AppleTV...Though, I do have a question, hopefully someone can answer:

Can you upgrade the Interal 2.5" HDD that comes with the AppleTV?
Can you use an External Hard Drive with the USB Connection on the AppleTV?

You might check a local Target, someone else posted that they were selling for about $160 at Target stores.

Yes, the internal hard disk can be upgraded, it's an PATA not SATA connection. To do this requires some effort but it's not that hard.

Also yes, but some AppleTV hacks are required.

See http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Main_Page for information on both questions.
I still see XBMC Beta 1 in the update menu. I rebooted my ATV and is still shows beta 1. What's the deal?
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
gquiring Wrote:I still see XBMC Beta 1 in the update menu. I rebooted my ATV and is still shows beta 1. What's the deal?

Versions please, which version of XBMCLauncher ?
You have to update the launcher, then the new version shows up.
NineT9mustang Wrote:Can you upgrade the Interal 2.5" HDD that comes with the AppleTV? Can you use an External Hard Drive with the USB Connection on the AppleTV?

Yes you can get a bigger hard drive, but most of them are faster drives, which will generate more heat, in an already very hot box with insufficient cooling IMHO.

You have a computer, so I would invest in a second hard drive for your computer and just stream the data over. That's a lot easier than replacing the one in the AppleTV.
Hello, I'm new here and have a question to the Beta2 Release.

I have used Beta1 on my Apple TV 2.1 with no problems until I selected "Scripts" from the main menu and everything crashed with Error 11!?

After several restarts I couldn't use ATV at all... Sad

I then decided to update it to ATV 2.2 and when I heard about the Beta2 I was so happy...

I created a new patchstick, loaded this onto ATV and then installed Launcher 0.2 and then the Beta2 Software.

When I then selected XMBC from the ATV Menu, the Startup Logo and the sound appeared but was stuck Sad

It eventually also (after rebooting) showed an Error 5!?

Could anyone help me?

Do I have to "Factory Reset" my Apple TV now?
Is their another ATVUSB-Creator for ATV2.2?

All help is greatly appreciated! Smile

cheers

- Sheerkhan
Standard disclaimers apply with Beta software, but especially when working with hacks and work-arounds, you are going to run in wonky issues.

Start with a Factory Reset
Update to AppleTV v2.2
(Re-download and) Install ATVUSB-Creator 0.3
Download the XBMC/Boxee Launcher 0.2 Update
Download the XBMC Atlantis Beta 2 Update

If you have any issues after that, let us know. The goal of the betas is to work out these issues, your input would be very helpful if there are continued problems.
Hi,

Just curious here. I am on ATV 2.0, can AtlantisB2 be run on ATV2.2FW?

Thanks,
-HF
That was actually also my question Wink

See what I have done and what the reply of the proper way would be...

(I haven't done it though, no time yet...)

cheers

- Sheerkhan
yes it can... it came out after appletv fw 2.2
OMG!

Now I finally went to the process of "Factory Reset", Update to ATV2.2, downloading atvusb0.3, making a new Patchstick, Patch the ATV with it and then:

Going to the menu of XMBC > Update > and the following appears:

URL's not found or corrupt...omg, what nowHuh

Please help me, I'm freaking out Smile
Sheerkhan Wrote:OMG!

Now I finally went to the process of "Factory Reset", Update to ATV2.2, downloading atvusb0.3, making a new Patchstick, Patch the ATV with it and then:

Going to the menu of XBMC > Update > and the following appears:

URL's not found or corrupt...omg, what nowHuh
)

Need the /Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log to see why. scp it out an paste to http://www.pastebin.com and post the URL here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV] XBMC for Mac (Atlantis Beta 2) on the Apple TV1