Pause, minimize movie and cursor issues in both beta 1 and 2 when mouse is enabled
Beta 1: movies get minimized to the lower left corner, paused and cursor appears randomly if "mouse enable" is set to on in "settings - appearance"
If I set "enable mouse" to off all these issues vanish.

Beta 2: exact same issue as in beta 1, but this time setting "enable mouse" to off only fixes the minimize and pause issues. The cursor now appears centered on the screen and still at random as far as I can tell. The cursor is different this time though, its a "normal" Windows arrow cursor not the XBMC green one.

Any ideas in regards to a more permanent fix?
I doubt it has anything to do with XBMC in that case - if you mouse is popping up then it has been registered as moving. Similarly, a movie is only minimized if a right click has been registered, and paused if a left click is registered.

Sounds like a weird hardware/windows issue to me.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The issue remains even if I detach both mouse and/or keyboard and the MCE remote (after starting a movie of cause) so I'm fairly certain its not triggered by any actual input devices. And if its purely a Windows or hardware issue, why would altering a setting in XBMC have any effect? And shouldn't ticking the box make XBMC ignore any potential input from a mouse?

Thanks for actually looking into the issue Smile
I'm also seeing this issue in beta 2 and it's driving me nuts. tekjunky, what skin are you using?
I'm using the high-def version of Mayhem, the name escapes me. It's one of the two built-in ones. I actually went back to beta 1 because the appearing cursor was driving me nuts as well Smile
You'll notice that if you switch the xbmc mouse off, then the pointer will still pop up from time to time, though it'll be the standard SDL mouse pointer (a black version of the standard windows pointer).

Thus: Nothing to do with XBMC - we're not asking it to draw in this case!
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

But what changed between beta1 and beta2 in regards to handling input from mice? I'm using the exact same OS, hardware, drivers etc. The only thing that's different in my case, is the XBMC versions. Nobody is saying XBMC is asking for the cursor to be drawn, because as you say, it might very well be the OS or a misbehaved input device thats doing it. We would just like the cursor "suppression" to work as well as it did in beta1 and in my case Atlantis Alpha 4 as well. In those versions un-ticking "enable mouse" really meant that all input from the mouse was ignored, in beta2 not so much.
The only difference is that we allow the OS to render the mouse pointer, which is rather essential when it's in windowed mode. The only thing I can suggest is this might be able to be suppressed while running in full screen perhaps.

Post a feature request on trac.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pause, minimize movie and cursor issues in both beta 1 and 2 when mouse is enabled0