[Apple TV] XBMC/BoxeeLauncher 0.3.1 released
reni10 Wrote:I have uploaded a new Keymap.xml into /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/System and it has absolutely no affect on the remote!

put your customized Keymap.xml to /Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/userdata/

reni10 Wrote:Even if I have no Keymap.xml in that dir the Keymap that has been installed by this new Launcher still works!
Yes, it should. Keymap.xml is only used in XBMC, not by Launcher

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yzeyze Wrote:Should I still need XBMCHelper?
I ran the update, but then I had no control in XBMC.

yzeyze, would you mind uploading your original Keymap.xml to pastebin or something? There must be an error in Launchers update script that prevented an update of Keymap.xml. Launcher update checks if there is already an "AppleRemote" entry in you Keymap.xml and does not touch it, if it's there.

Thanks!

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
MaestroDD Wrote:XBMC can now be killed if it's not responding by pressing Menu,Menu,Play,Play

Please check if there is boxeeservice or XBMCHelper running:
Code:
ps aux | grep  -ie "boxee|xbmc"

if it's running, kill it with:
Code:
kill <PID>

Menu, Menu, Play, Play does nothing.

Ran the first code, ps aux | grep -ie "boxess|xbmc"
bash comes back with nothing,
second command returns with: syntax error near unexpected token 'newline'
gringott Wrote:Menu, Menu, Play, Play does nothing.
Hm, this does kill XBMC if it's not responding. Thougth you can't launch XBMC..

gringott Wrote:Ran the first code, ps aux | grep -ie "boxess|xbmc"
bash comes back with nothing,

ooops, typo. should read:
Code:
ps aux | grep -ie "boxee|xbmc"

gringott Wrote:second command returns with: syntax error near unexpected token 'newline'
kill is a command to send a signal to a running process, which needs to be specified. When you do ps aux | grep Finder, it should return something like this:
Code:
frontrow  1555   0.0 12.1   233340  31796  ??  S     9:16PM   4:49.41 /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder -psn_0_5505025
frontrow  1762   0.0  0.2    27364    416  p1  S+    5:43PM   0:00.01 grep Finder

where you'd now be able to kill (restart) Finder by using the PID you found there:
Code:
kill 1555

My 2.2 ATV with Apple Remote is also not working once "updated". I'm not sure if the update was successful. I gave me the "this message will go away...", but it only displays for about 2 seconds then restarts, showing the apple.

How do we restore the remote?

Thanks,.
Jed
Sorry for the typo in my previous post. I am typing in exactly the commands you are posting. I can't kill a process by using a PID as the first command does not return anything.

I ssh into frontrow - login pw frontrow (using putty btw)

I issue the command: ps aux | grep -ie "boxee|xbmc"
response: bash-2.05b$

I issue the command: ps aux | grep -ie "Finder"

Futher explaination about the remote sequence:
The menu, menu, play, play, did nothing when I was locked up in xbmc. After a "unplug the power" reboot - now I cannot get past the ATV menu. The remote does nothing at all except change the LED light on the front, basically acknowledging that the command by remote was sent. Nothing takes place.

Should I try repatchsticking it? Or would that make it worse?
Right now I can't even do a restore - the remote method to get to the restore menu doesn't work. Looks like I'm bricked except for the ssh access.
gringott Wrote:I issue the command: ps aux | grep -ie "boxee|xbmc"

I issue the command: ps aux | grep -ie "Finder"

hm, something is going wrong here. Please try
Code:
ps aux

if that works. For getting infos about what these commands do and how they work, try e.g. "man ps" on your mac/pc.

gringott Wrote:[...]
Should I try repatchsticking it? Or would that make it worse?
Right now I can't even do a restore - the remote method to get to the restore menu doesn't work. Looks like I'm bricked except for the ssh access.
factory restore should still work, but I'd try to solve it another way first.

JedTheHead Wrote:My 2.2 ATV with Apple Remote is also not working once "updated". I'm not sure if the update was successful. I gave me the "this message will go away...", but it only displays for about 2 seconds then restarts, showing the apple.
If it comes back to menu, this is probably fine. Update doesn't take that long.
You can check the version number by going to Launcher->About. Should say 0.3. If it does not work, please post console.log after an update.

JedTheHead Wrote:How do we restore the remote?
Depends Smile
Do you have a customized Keymap.xml, that you can probably post somewhere?

Hello, having the same issue as earlier thread posts...

-I downloaded the 3.1 launcher yesterday from: http://code.google.com/p/atv-xbmc-launcher/

-I ran it on an AppleTv with no previous XBMC install

-XBMC launches, but I lose control of the Apple Remote. Menu, Menu, Play, Play does not work.

-I can plug an Apple keyboard into the AppleTv and navigate through the XBMC menus

I've tried re-running the launcher updater today with no change to the issue. Would running the .2 version of the launcher help, or make matters worse?

To summarize, remote works fine in AppleTv's frontrow, lose control after launching XBMC. I checked and there is no XBMCHelper running (not sure if that was related this issue or another issue). What do I need to do next? Huh Thanks!

ike
evil.ike Wrote:Hello, having the same issue as earlier thread posts...

-I downloaded the 3.1 launcher yesterday from: http://code.google.com/p/atv-xbmc-launcher/

-I ran it on an AppleTv with no previous XBMC install

-XBMC launches, but I lose control of the Apple Remote. Menu, Menu, Play, Play does not work.

-I can plug an Apple keyboard into the AppleTv and navigate through the XBMC menus

I've tried re-running the launcher updater today with no change to the issue. Would running the .2 version of the launcher help, or make matters worse?

To summarize, remote works fine in AppleTv's frontrow, lose control after launching XBMC. I checked and there is no XBMCHelper running (not sure if that was related this issue or another issue). What do I need to do next? Huh Thanks!

ike

Would you mind posting console.log of an update process? There seems to be an issue that Keymap.xml is not updated.
It might fix that issue if you copy Keymap.xml to /Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/userdata/ on your apple tv.

evil.ike Wrote:-XBMC launches, but I lose control of the Apple Remote. Menu, Menu, Play, Play does not work.

Hm, to debug that console.log is needed, too.
There has to be less than half a second break between pressing those buttons...

MaestroDD Wrote:Would you mind posting console.log of an update process? There seems to be an issue that Keymap.xml is not updated.
It might fix that issue if you copy Keymap.xml to /Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/userdata/ on your apple tv.

That did it! Just to let you know, there was no Keymap.xml file in that directory, it must not have installed it to begin with. This also fixed the issue of "menu menu play play" not working, it gets me out of XBMC now. Let me track down the console log for you, appreciate the help!

ike
Thumbs Down 
I'm having the same problems with the Apple remote after updating. You shouldn't have posted this update with such a fundamental flaw...

Clarification: It had removed the keymap.xml file. I reinstalled that file. It then deleted it again.
chumleyuk Wrote:Clarification: It had removed the keymap.xml file. I reinstalled that file. It then deleted it again.
sorry, I've lost you here.

Did you have a customized Keymap.xml?
What did delete Keymap.xml?

evil.ike Wrote:That did it! Just to let you know, there was no Keymap.xml file in that directory, it must not have installed it to begin with. This also fixed the issue of "menu menu play play" not working, it gets me out of XBMC now. Let me track down the console log for you, appreciate the help!
ike

console.log of an update that fails to install Keymap.xml would be great.
Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] XBMC/BoxeeLauncher 0.3.1 released0