[Apple TV] Logitech Harmony Remote support with XBMC for AppleTV?
Brandroid Wrote:Maestro, I tried running xbmchelper, and my results were very similar to yours.

Similiar, but not yet ready to use Wink
There should be some lines with "Extending sequence with token..." as only then the sequence is built. The sequence is only recognized if there's less than half a second break between the keystrokes.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
MaestroDD Wrote:Similiar, but not yet ready to use Wink
There should be some lines with "Extending sequence with token..." as only then the sequence is built. The sequence is only recognized if there's less than half a second break between the keystrokes.

Okay, I was finally able to successfully send some sequences. I posted the log here. I think I was holding the menu key too long before starting the sequence.

So, are the sequence numbers supposed to be mapped in the keymap.xml? I'm assuming they are different than the one and two digit button codes defined here. Surely I'm getting closer right?
Brandroid Wrote:Okay, I was finally able to successfully send some sequences. I posted the log here. I think I was holding the menu key too long before starting the sequence.

yep, looks good (besides some of the sequences do not exist)

Brandroid Wrote:So, are the sequence numbers supposed to be mapped in the keymap.xml? I'm assuming they are different than the one and two digit button codes defined here. Surely I'm getting closer right?

The sequence numbers printed in the log (e.g. 149101 ) have no direct counterpart in keymap.xml. The universal commands are hardcoded in xbmchelper, which means for menu_hold + play xbmchelper sends button id 20 to XBMC, which can then be mapped to XBMC commands, e.g.:
Code:
<!-- hold menu, play--> <button id="20">BigStepForward</button>

cheers,
stephan

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
So that's a polite way of saying that I was probably doing these incorrectly all along. Big Grin

After generating that log last night I didn't have a chance to load XBMC and simply attempt the sequences faster. I'll give it a go tonight and see how I fair.

Still no word on why <displayremotecodes> doesn't seem to work?
Brandroid Wrote:So that's a polite way of saying that I was probably doing these incorrectly all along. Big Grin

After generating that log last night I didn't have a chance to load XBMC and simply attempt the sequences faster. I'll give it a go tonight and see how I fair.

How far did you get? Did it work?

Brandroid Wrote:Still no word on why <displayremotecodes> doesn't seem to work?
jmarshall just commented on this topic. I'll add it to the wiki....

Brandroid Wrote:Still no word on why <displayremotecodes> doesn't seem to work?

see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post264677
MaestroDD Wrote:How far did you get? Did it work?

Yes, I was able to send some sequences while in XBMC. I did it manually and by programming the sequences into my Harmony 550. Problem is, when I send the sequence, none of them are being associated with a mapping.

I always get the "[ERROR] XBMCClientWrapperImpl:ConfusedendSequence: No mapping defined for sequence 123456." Not an actual sequence, I know, but I'm getting the error for all the sequences I try.

Has anybody reported any success with these yet? If so, I'd be curious to hear which sequences are working and which (if any) are giving them problems.
Brandroid Wrote:Yes, I was able to send some sequences while in XBMC. I did it manually and by programming the sequences into my Harmony 550. Problem is, when I send the sequence, none of them are being associated with a mapping.

I always get the "[ERROR] XBMCClientWrapperImpl:ConfusedendSequence: No mapping defined for sequence 123456." Not an actual sequence, I know, but I'm getting the error for all the sequences I try.

Has anybody reported any success with these yet? If so, I'd be curious to hear which sequences are working and which (if any) are giving them problems.

The sequences that are available can be found in keymap.xml in Launcher's wiki, e.g. "hold menu, down, play", "hold menu, down, right", etc.
Do you get the "no mapping defined" error with the sequences listed there? If so, xbmchelper's output would be useful...

MaestroDD Wrote:The sequences that are available can be found in keymap.xml in Launcher's wiki, e.g. "hold menu, down, play", "hold menu, down, right", etc.
Do you get the "no mapping defined" error with the sequences listed there? If so, xbmchelper's output would be useful...

I do. I tried a few of the sequences listed in the keymap.xml at the Launcher Wiki.(my my current keymap is simply copied from that page). This is the error I get when I try to fire the stop command:

Quote:#2009-01-29 20:20:15.183 xbmchelper[216] (pressed) Menu holding
#2009-01-29 20:20:15.183 xbmchelper[216] [DEBUG] Starting sequence with token 14
#2009-01-29 20:20:15.183 xbmchelper[216] (released) Menu holding
#2009-01-29 20:20:15.627 xbmchelper[216] (pressed) Volume up
#2009-01-29 20:20:15.627 xbmchelper[216] [DEBUG] Extended sequence to 149
#2009-01-29 20:20:15.717 xbmchelper[216] (released) Volume up
#2009-01-29 20:20:15.717 xbmchelper[216] [DEBUG] Extended sequence to 14910
#2009-01-29 20:20:15.957 xbmchelper[216] (pressed) Play
#2009-01-29 20:20:15.957 xbmchelper[216] [DEBUG] Extended sequence to 149101
#2009-01-29 20:20:15.957 xbmchelper[216] (released) Play
#2009-01-29 20:20:16.457 xbmchelper[216] [ERROR] XBMCClientWrapperImpl:ConfusedendSequence: No mapping defined for sequence 149101

I tried that sequence a few times as well as one of the sequences for BigStepForward (shown in this log). I've also tried the sequence for pause and a few others. According to the log, I'm getting the sequence, but they're always coming back undefined.

Thanks for your help on this Maestro.

b
Brandroid Wrote:I do. I tried a few of the sequences listed in the keymap.xml at the Launcher Wiki.(my my current keymap is simply copied from that page). This is the error I get when I try to fire the stop command:

I tried that sequence a few times as well as one of the sequences for BigStepForward (shown in this log). I've also tried the sequence for pause and a few others. According to the log, I'm getting the sequence, but they're always coming back undefined.

Ooops, looks like you've found a bug. At least the sequences with Volume buttons included seem to be buggy, as 'press' and 'release' events are both counted. I'll look into it and fix it for a new release. In the meantime you should still be able to use sequences without the above 2 mentioned buttons.
Bad and good examples:

Code:
2009-01-29 20:20:33.119 xbmchelper[216] [DEBUG] Starting sequence with token 14
2009-01-29 20:20:33.119 xbmchelper[216] (released) Menu holding
2009-01-29 20:20:33.291 xbmchelper[216] (pressed) Volume down
2009-01-29 20:20:33.291 xbmchelper[216] [DEBUG] Extended sequence to 1411
2009-01-29 20:20:33.455 xbmchelper[216] (released) Volume down
2009-01-29 20:20:33.455 xbmchelper[216] [DEBUG] Extended sequence to 141112
2009-01-29 20:20:33.659 xbmchelper[216] (pressed) Volume up
2009-01-29 20:20:33.659 xbmchelper[216] [DEBUG] Extended sequence to 1411129
2009-01-29 20:20:33.749 xbmchelper[216] (released) Volume up
2009-01-29 20:20:33.749 xbmchelper[216] [DEBUG] Extended sequence to 141112910
2009-01-29 20:20:34.249 xbmchelper[216] [ERROR] XBMCClientWrapperImpl::sendSequence: No mapping defined for sequence 141112910
that was a nono -> volume up _and_ down was counted.

Code:
2009-01-29 20:20:35.455 xbmchelper[216] (pressed) Menu holding
2009-01-29 20:20:35.455 xbmchelper[216] [DEBUG] Starting sequence with token 14
2009-01-29 20:20:35.455 xbmchelper[216] (released) Menu holding
2009-01-29 20:20:36.053 xbmchelper[216] (pressed) Play
2009-01-29 20:20:36.053 xbmchelper[216] (released) Play
2009-01-29 20:20:36.237 xbmchelper[216] (pressed) Play
2009-01-29 20:20:36.237 xbmchelper[216] (released) Play

I think that one probably would've worked (Menu_H, Play, Play), but time between button presses was too long (>500ms)

Brandroid Wrote:Thanks for your help on this Maestro.

b
very welcome, and sorry for beeing the beta-tester Wink

I just wanted to add my thanks and encouragement for the work going on in this thread. I've been running XBMC on an xbox for a few years and upgraded to ATV a month ago. I'm very happy with the transition but disappointed with losing so much functionality with the remote. Especially trading off skip ahead/back 10 minutes for volume up/down functionality...

Having access to all XBMC remote functions via my Harmony Remote would complete my ATV/XBMC experience.

Keep working on it guys....
I might as well just quote everything Davo just said verbatim. My Xbox was suffering from howling fans and I wanted something silent so I picked up an ATV this week. I love XBMC and Boxee but the remote is killing me! I can't wait for the day when there are alternatives. I've got a Harmony 550 just waiting for some new codes! Smile

Thanks for your coding guys, XBMC completely and totally changed the way I watch TV and movies and I look forward to it continuing for years to come.
Brandroid Wrote:I do. I tried a few of the sequences listed in the keymap.xml at the Launcher Wiki.(my my current keymap is simply copied from that page).

Please try again with a (hopefully) fixed version of xbmchelper. 2 things were changed:
1) The "release"-events of the buttons are not added to the sequence anymore (this broke all sequences with right|left|up|down buttons in it)
2) More debug output: The sent sequence as well as the button code for it is now printed in debug-builds

cheers,
stephan

MaestroDD Wrote:Please try again with a (hopefully) fixed version of xbmchelper. 2 things were changed:
1) The "release"-events of the buttons are not added to the sequence anymore (this broke all sequences with right|left|up|down buttons in it)
2) More debug output: The sent sequence as well as the button code for it is now printed in debug-builds

cheers,
stephan

Sweet! I'll give this a go as soon as I can!
Hi, any news on this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] Logitech Harmony Remote support with XBMC for AppleTV?0