xbmc starts behind the taskbar
hi all,

When i start xbmc it occasionaly appears behind the windows taskbar. This only happenes usually when i used explorer or some application first. If i boot up windows (XP sp3) and directly start xbmc i dont have this problem. (also not with games).

Are there any switches or windows settings to force true-fullscreen or 'above-other-windows-and taskbar' settings?

Cheers
They aren't needed normally. XBMC brings itself into the foreground. I can see the taskbar for some seconds in front of XBMC but it vanishes very soon.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
it might be because i startup using a remote.. if other windows are there, one of them is active, xbmc starts as a blinking icon behind the others.
I've never had this problem myself, but then again I hide the windows taskbar. Laugh
I actually used to have that same experience when starting up using the remote. I don't startup that way anymore, but it was irritating when it happened.

Now, btw, I just double click, or, occasionally, start as administrator.
The problem that I'm having it's that when I turn on my mediacenter, xbmc starts but minimized. Even it gets to show on fullscreen, checks for new media in the movie and music folders and then it gets minimized.

Any suggestion about this?

Thanks
For non remote users, this is what happenes when you press the button to start XBMC;

ImageImage
Well, I fixed my problem of XBMC being minimized when powering on/resuming from hibernate.

I just installed Startup Delayer (http://www.jockersoft.com/english/startu..._index.php), a program who let you configure the startup programs, to load one after another and not all together (wich seems to be my problem), also configure in wich order, priority and window type (minimized, maximized, etc)

After configure it (look at the guide in the Help menu), when the windows starts, startup delayer waits for the SO to load everything that it has to load, then it launches all the programs you configure it to launch (in my case Winlirc and XBMC after that) and everthing is working great now. I can even hibernate from XBMC and resume with no problem.

About the problem for the taskbar, I always configure it with the "Automatically Hide the Taksbar" option in the Start Menu options.

Hope this could help...

Cheers
Louike Wrote:hi all,

When i start xbmc it occasionaly appears behind the windows taskbar. This only happenes usually when i used explorer or some application first. If i boot up windows (XP sp3) and directly start xbmc i dont have this problem. (also not with games).

Are there any switches or windows settings to force true-fullscreen or 'above-other-windows-and taskbar' settings?

Cheers

I have pretty much the same issue...only it happens to me ALL THE TIME Sad
Windows Vista

The damn taskbar is always overtop of xbmc and if I "auto-hide" it...it causes the bottom of the XBMC screen to flickr. Very anoying especially since I can't find anyone else this is happing to. Please Help!

Update: I found this in the tracker http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5326
has anyone found a way to make this work?

Update: FIXED. What a dumb answer to. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/208478...sable.html
Apparently, there is a setting in the vista taskbar to turn off "always on top" for the taskbar. Not sure why these should apply to FS apps.
=========================
XBMC Frodo v12.2
Win7 x64
Core i5 3.3GHz
GeForce GTX 580
8 GB RAM
=========================
I run XP Pro and get this taskbar behavior 50/50 when I use a shortcut linked to start XBMC. If I use my mouse and double-click the Desktop icon the taskbar always behaves. Hiding that taskbar seems to only be a partial fix in any case because focus is lost. (I.E. remote doesn't work once XBMC is loaded)

If I wait a few seconds after XBMC is loaded and press my remote control's shortcut key again focus is regained and the taskbar goes away. I tried to use this to patch my problem by telling my remote to load XBMC twice when I press the shortcut button but the quick succession of attempts actually makes XBMC load two sessions at once.

No resolution found yet.
Hi,

I've been having that problem for awhile when trying to launch XBMC from a remote. Taskbar's always on top of XBMC.

What I did was assign a global command of (Atl + Tab) to a button using IR2Keyboard software that came with my HTPC case. So when I execute XBMC from a remote and if it's behind the taskbar, I would press that button to bring XBMC to the top.
I used similar workaround with the translator but i haven't encountered the issue in any build i used for the last 3 or 4 months.
which build are you using?
I'm having this issue and it's driving me insane. I've tried using Startup Delayer but it doesn't give you the option to start in full screen mode. The "Maximized" mode launches it but it doesn't look right. I also tried manually typing in the normal startup shortcut "C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe"-fs and Startup Delayer gives an error saying the file doesn't exist.
I think there has to be a space between "C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" and -fs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc starts behind the taskbar0