• 2(current)
[LINUX] Ubuntu PulseAudio Sound Issues
s7mx1 Wrote:Can it be ported to XBOX branch? Will be thrilled if it's true.

Have no clue if it would be possible, but we would only be a client for PulseAudio so you wouldnt be able to stream audio to the XBox in anycase.
But from Xbox to a PulseAudio server (on OSX, Win32 or Linux) might be possible but personally I don´t own a XBox or think it would be worth the trouble, but anyone else would be free to try and can always contact me for the snippet of the sourcecode of the changes Ive made to get it running on Linux as a client.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Quote:For the, everything works (even the sound "ticks" in the menu) when i kill pulseaudio. So the script:
pulseaudio -k
sleep 2
xbmc
pulseaudio -D

works great ;-)
is possible hardcode it in xbmc, and start xbmc from other icon (like firefox safemode) or add it in audio settings
pulseaudio client on XBOX is what I asked for.

If the pulseaudio client is implemented in xbox, it will give the xbox, which located in the remote area (bedroom for example), the ability to stream audio to a master audio room (let it be the lounge). All the functions can be controlled via a iphone.

XBOX is a very reliable and cheap platform for the XBMC. I am using it watching DVB TV (mythtv) everyday. For this purpose I would say it still has some good 4, 5 years life.

Thanks for your work on the pulseaudio support.

Topfs2 Wrote:Have no clue if it would be possible, but we would only be a client for PulseAudio so you wouldnt be able to stream audio to the XBox in anycase.
But from Xbox to a PulseAudio server (on OSX, Win32 or Linux) might be possible but personally I don´t own a XBox or think it would be worth the trouble, but anyone else would be free to try and can always contact me for the snippet of the sourcecode of the changes Ive made to get it running on Linux as a client.

Cheers,
Tobias
Regarding disabling pulseaudio - all the methods here didn't work for me on a fresh Intrepid install, disabling the daemon just made it start when the window manager came up.

The only 'fix' (bodge) that worked was to make the pulseaudio binary non executable. I only use the box for XBMC, so compatibility with other stuff is not an issue.
Oh forgot to mention that you need to make sure that you have the Final version of Atlantis. All beta version will not work with pulseaudio through alsa plugin.
For those interested I have commited the first patches for pulseaudio, although they are still in the early stages and currently only work on DVDPlayer.

as such its still recomended to disable pulseaudio but if you want to try it out use the latest svn and:
sudo apt-get install libpulse-dev

and run the usual ./configure && make && make install

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I find a problem trying to kill Pulseaudio server.

sergio@sergio-laptop:~$ pulseaudio -k
W: ltdl-bind-now.c: Failed to find original dlopen loader.
E: main.c: Failed to kill daemon.

is there any other way?

(Using ubuntu 8.10)
Do it more harshly:
killall pulseaudio

Nop, video is still superfast.

sergio@sergio-laptop:~$ killall pulseaudio
pulseaudio: ningún proceso eliminado

wich means "no eliminated process" (or something like that)
Would be good to see that Debug Log, should be located in /var/tmp/xbmc*.log

so is there actualy no usefull workaround for this bug? how fast do you guys think we can get a real patch?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40813

submit a trac for it and add debuglogs
thats the way for us to be able to track down and fix bugs Smile

Cheers,
Tobias

added a trac issue for this, please attach all info you got to ensure developers get what they need!! http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5367
baqtor Wrote:I find a problem trying to kill Pulseaudio server.

sergio@sergio-laptop:~$ pulseaudio -k
W: ltdl-bind-now.c: Failed to find original dlopen loader.
E: main.c: Failed to kill daemon.

is there any other way?

(Using ubuntu 8.10)

I had the same. I just located the pulseaudio executable (I think it's in \usr\bin) and made it non executable, but renaming it would be fine too.

This only works for me because I use nothing else on the box bar XBMC.
seanysean Wrote:I had the same. I just located the pulseaudio executable (I think it's in \usr\bin) and made it non executable, but renaming it would be fine too.

This only works for me because I use nothing else on the box bar XBMC.
Didnt work, i cant star xbmc now. thanks anyway

Topfs2 Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40813

submit a trac for it and add debuglogs
thats the way for us to be able to track down and fix bugs Smile

Cheers,
Tobias

Thanks Tobias , I posted my log in that thread.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Ubuntu PulseAudio Sound Issues0