Video Loop Screensaver/Plugin
Okay so I am curious if this is possible, and if so how hard it would be to make. Let’s say for example I have a 40min long video file of a fireplace burning with crackling noises etc. What I want to do is make either a plugin or screensaver that would allow me to play this video (with its sound effects) easily (without having to go into Videos -> Network -> PC -> Folder -> File). The idea obviously being so that I can effectively click a button that will instantly turn XBMC into a fireplace emulation.

This should be simple enough I figure. Next I have another idea. I want to be able to play a selection of music while this loop is playing. For example while the fire video is looping (with its sound effects) I want to be able to play music as well; giving the effect of sitting in front of a fire and playing music in the background.

I am aware these requests seem somewhat specific, but I think it would be an interesting screensaver/plugin idea. I also have 20min long videos of aquariums, etc. Ideally I would like to be able to customize the plugin for whatever video source desired.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
It would be better if there was just a video supported screen saver...
Tim. Wrote:Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Hi, did you find a way to play video in loop?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Loop Screensaver/Plugin0