720p
question

just updated

when in xbmc and i adjust the settings to run at 720p - my tv is set and atv set for 720p ..it switches fine but its not centered..like the whole menu is off to the side

anyone know why or how i can fix this?
ravidium Wrote:question

just updated

when in xbmc and i adjust the settings to run at 720p - my tv is set and atv set for 720p ..it switches fine but its not centered..like the whole menu is off to the side

anyone know why or how i can fix this?

setting->appearance->screen->resolution, pick the setting with "FullScreen"
k did that was just wondering why it did that

all good
We're in the 720p/720p as well with a 40" LCD.
Adjusting the "skin zoom" also helps to keep everything on the screen versus sliding under the LCD bezel a bit. Nerd
Does xbmc (aeon skin) do 1080 or is it just 720? Im buying a new lcd soon so i can get hd, but wondering if i should go all out for 1080p or will 720p match up better with xbmc?
According to this page:
http://www.aeonproject.com/gallery.html

AEON looks it's best at 1080p.

Buying a 1080p TV is also going to be a lot more future proof. In the next 5 years I think you can expect Blu-ray to reach mainstream acceptance, new generation gaming consoles to be announced that offer 1080p gaming, as well as more 1080 TV content.

If you want your TV to last you that long, then a 1080p set is probably a good idea.
I played a 1080P video on my ATV with XBMC, choked and gaged all the way.

Even upping my cache files didn't help. I was racking my brain because I didn't know it was 1080P I usually only get 720P files, this one slipped in the mix.

After I loaded it on my Mac and saw it was 1080P everything made sense.
There's a big difference between video content resolution and display resolution. You can have your display resolution set to any valid display resolution and your video content will be "scaled" to the display resolution.

Same thing with skins, they will be "scaled" to the display resolution.

Video content resolution and encoded format (not container) determine that cpu requirements needed to decode the video format. Display resolution means nothing as the video card GPU handles that and any "scaling" required.

The AppleTV can handle low/mid profile h.264 (notice, I say the video format, not the container format) in 720p resolution. It can display that 720p video format in a variety of display resolutions including 1080p.

The difference between 720p and 1080p is roughly a factor of two. The big thing is will you really see that factor of two in a blind test.
so on a 1080p will 720p and the regualr avi files still look good on it .. or would it be pixelated?
sicon99 Wrote:so on a 1080p will 720p and the regualr avi files still look good on it .. or would it be pixelated?

a) TV at 1080p, XBMC upscaling 720p video content to 1080p display

b) TV at 720p but is a 1080p native resolution.

a) Should look fine.

b) Depends on how well your TV handled upscaling.

I have a 1080p native resolution LCD HDTV. I run it at 720p with XBMC set to 720p fullscale. Looks great.
davilla Wrote:a) TV at 1080p, XBMC upscaling 720p video content to 1080p display

b) TV at 720p but is a 1080p native resolution.

a) Should look fine.

b) Depends on how well your TV handled upscaling.

I have a 1080p native resolution LCD HDTV. I run it at 720p with XBMC set to 720p fullscale. Looks great.

i do the same..i have a 1080p screen

running at 720p and xbmc set to 720p - looks fantastic

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
720p0