• 3(current)
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac
Ayla Wrote:This looks great, thanks :)

Any way to get the Live Buffer to play, so we can watch Live TV in XBMC / Plex?

Kinda like CyTV does it, with VLC...

Not yet.
Perhaps in the next version.
Theres nothing stopping you from adding on to my work though.
Looking through the LiveTV.eyetv package it seems like it just adds a new arbitrary mpg stream everytime you change the channel, thus making it difficult (not impossible) to determine which stream is active.
Further if you're watching the live stream on plex/xbmc theres no way to change the channel except maybe the remote, but then it would have to start a new stream and xbmc has no way of knowing that the old stream has stopped and the new one needs to be started.
I would say this feature is unlikely (but not impossible)
Glad you like the app, check out it's companion app XES, XBMCEyetvScraper which builds a directory of links and nfo files with metadata from thetvdb.com so you can use xbmc's library functions.
It's complex so read the readme.
|-<:)
It seems like if I do Delete from the context menu in XBMC it deletes the MPG but leaves the .eyetv file behind. Is that normal?

It'd also be cool if it refreshed the plugin/library when I delete something. The only way to get it to look "gone" is by backing out and then going back into the plugin.
Hilbe Wrote:It seems like if I do Delete from the context menu in XBMC it deletes the MPG but leaves the .eyetv file behind. Is that normal?

It'd also be cool if it refreshed the plugin/library when I delete something. The only way to get it to look "gone" is by backing out and then going back into the plugin.

I have file deleteing turned off so I've never tried. But it does to seem to make sense that it would remove the file in question (the mpg, not the .eyetv package), after all, thats what the sw is getting for input. I'm not sure what I can do about this, but I'll give it some thought.

I'm having a weird issue. I have recorded 2 shows on Discovery Channel (SD) and they play fine in EyeTV, but only give audio from Plex. Its like they're being treated like Audio files. Other videos play fine. Any ideas?

Edit: Same result from XBMC. I even disabled the TOG in my XBMC fresh install.
After some additional research it looks like these videos are encoded oddly(!?!?). I cannot open the enclosed MPG in QuickTime. However, the videos are playing fine in EyeTV. I can send you my recordings if you want to play around with them, they're only like 1.5 gigs and I got a decent connection.

Update: The videos do play in VLC.
Hilbe Wrote:After some additional research it looks like these videos are encoded oddly(!?!?). I cannot open the enclosed MPG in QuickTime. However, the videos are playing fine in EyeTV. I can send you my recordings if you want to play around with them, they're only like 1.5 gigs and I got a decent connection.

Update: The videos do play in VLC.

1) try and increase your cache size in settings
2) what does your debug log show?

xbmchead Wrote:1) try and increase your cache size in settings
2) what does your debug log show?

|-<Smile

How do I view the debug log? I think its the format of the file is not supported by XBMC since its the native signal sent to me by the cable company. I can send someone a 10mb sample file if interested in adding support to XBMC?
Hi,

I'm working in a mixed mac/pc environment with my mac recording using EyeTV. I'd like my pc running xbmc to be able to access this content and feed it to my TV. Will this plugin would work on a windows xbmc install? if not is there a windows version coming?

thanks for your help!
pochacco Wrote:Hi,

I'm working in a mixed mac/pc environment with my mac recording using EyeTV. I'd like my pc running xbmc to be able to access this content and feed it to my TV. Will this plugin would work on a windows xbmc install? if not is there a windows version coming?

thanks for your help!

No, unfortunately the plugin is mac only at this time. It wouldn't be too hard to add pc compatibility, but frankly I don't have enough spare time to spend on something I'm never going to use (I'm a mac die hard.) But because the plugin is GPL there's nothing stopping you or another motivated developer from adding this feature.

Have you had any change to look at the delete functionality? Smile
xbmchead,

Is it possible to select a remote (smb) folder as the EyeTV folder? I tried doing so on my AppleTV, which I am trying to use to access the EyeTV recordings on my Mac Mini but I found not way to do so. Is it possible? If not, it would be an amazing feature addition!

Cheers,

Amadawn
xbmchead Wrote:I've been alpha testing the next version of XBMCEyetvParser to include limited library support. I would like to find some knowledgeable users using the current version without any issues to help test the next generation. PM me here to help.
Thanks

ps-version 1.5 attempts to optionally create a new directory and then populate that directory with symbolic links to the actual eyetv files in a directory structure that the XBMC tvshow library can work with. You can then add that (very small) directory as a new source and use the tvshow scrapers on it, or, optionally, build .nfo files from the Eyetv EPG data. You can edit the symbolic link filenames at will to better suit the scrapers then the Eyetv EPG data, or manually edit the .nfo files as needed.

I am an ELGATO 250 Plus hardvare and eyetv software with it. I am looking for any solution how can I see TV with XBMC and use only remote control not keyboard and mouse.
Is there any solution how can I use it?
I'm pleased to announce version 1.38 of XBMCEyetvParser is now available in the add-on SVN. This new version FINALLY fixes the long standing problem many international users have had with unicode thumbnails. It's an ugly hack to get around XBMC's failure to handle utf-8 thumbnails, but it works.
1.40 includes a few small optimizations and is now in the add-on svn. It's easy to install and update with the built-in SVN installer.
amadawn Wrote:xbmchead,

Is it possible to select a remote (smb) folder as the EyeTV folder? I tried doing so on my AppleTV, which I am trying to use to access the EyeTV recordings on my Mac Mini but I found not way to do so. Is it possible? If not, it would be an amazing feature addition!

Cheers,

Amadawn

Ditto.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac3