• 1(current)
XBMC using Windows SMB functionality - please test
I've compiled a binary which uses Windows native SMB functionality -> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/xbmc/XB...se_mirror=

Copy the unzipped exe to your XBMC directory and start XBMC as usual.
Feedback is appreciated.

Update: Added a new build which should fix the special character issues with shares and directories below shares weren't browseable
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Pardon my ignorance, but could you be more specific about the testing?
I just replaced the .exe and my files over the network play fine, is there any more specific tests i could run?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Just test if browsing for shares works, shares which require auth works and if streaming via shares works long enough (read somewhere that with the old client streaming sometimes was sloppy and broke after some minutes).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I've tested this exe but not observed any changes in browsing for the share from XBMC.

I cannot, under either build browse to shares from XBMC which are not mapped 1st under windows.

My server and my XBMC client are in the the same workgroup.

When I try to browse directly under XBMC, no shares are visible. (same as before)

I can enter the location manually

smb://[IP address]\[share name]
I am prompted for the username and password for the share (with the new .exe). In the previous client (STD Beta2) , the connection was refused.

I hope this helps

:-)
WiSo Wrote:Just test if browsing for shares works, shares which require auth works and if streaming via shares works long enough (read somewhere that with the old client streaming sometimes was sloppy and broke after some minutes).

Hi WiSo,

I gave your exe a test drive and browsing worked as intended. In the past I used to hard code the IP address. Now, I can browse the systems on my network (I have a NAS and 2 PC's). The PC I tested it on is a Windows Vista SP1 system. Unfortunately, I don't have any security so I can't test that functionality.
uv101 would you mind posting a debug log via pastebin.
Might be that I have to add some more logging for testing Oo
Yep, Browsing for shares now works for me. Thanks.Big Grin
Log with old .exe (no browser only manual path and no prompt for username or password)
http://pastebin.com/m4b0f9ebc

New client with browse funtion working
http://pastebin.com/m65eff9db

**** Browse funtion is now working for me with 8.10 and the new .exe*****
Sorry for the confusion
XBOX SlimDVD 128Mb graphics Mem Smartxx V3 all in a DVD player case
But now it all runs on a PC> ion330> 4k FireTV> nVidia Shield
Where there's a will there's a way!
Hello.

The streaming work for me now ! (no stoping after few minute).

But navigate over the network is too long. (old version is faster for browse over the folder/file).

i use only xbmc over the network (server to xbmc)
(video,music,photo,screensaver via network, all work)

three pc see correctly automatically (no manuel entry)
i have tree ip fix under xp sp2 pro.

sorry for my poor English, i am french.

Bye.
Works great here. It made this software usable. Having fun now!

cork

WiSo Wrote:I've compiled a binary which uses Windows native SMB functionality -> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/xbmc/XB...se_mirror=

Copy the unzipped exe to your XBMC directory and start XBMC as usual.
Feedback is appreciated.
What was the issue?

I never had any problems streaming any content (FLAC, MP3, AVI, MKV, etc) in any of the previous builds.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
tosh Wrote:But navigate over the network is too long. (old version is faster for browse over the folder/file).

what exactly is slower? the change between the directories (new or cached)?
Or navigating through the files (scrolling)?
Maybe I forgot some caching somewhere. How is your directory structure with how many files?
Livin Wrote:What was the issue?

I never had any problems streaming any content (FLAC, MP3, AVI, MKV, etc) in any of the previous builds.

Then you are one of a few people afaik. Search the forum and you'll find a lot of people who weren't able to browse the network or streaming video was interrupted during playback.
no more interruptions in playback, didn't happen that often before but I've been messing around with it now for a few days and it seems stable. Havn't had any problems with smb shares since i replaced the exe.
Quote:Originally Posted by WiSo
what exactly is slower? the change between the directories (new or cached)?
Or navigating through the files (scrolling)?
Maybe I forgot some caching somewhere. How is your directory structure with how many files?

when you want to enter for the first time to folder, xbmc remains blocked long before showing files.
if you enter for the second time to this or other folder, it's view directly.
If you play a video +/-30 sec, and you press the stop button, xbmc blocks on the video and after few times, show the files or folder.

navigate through the files is not a problem.

With the older version all show directly, and in windows all show directly too)

My structure folders: (in add a source)
--------------------
shared folder video contains 170 files.
shared folder documentary contains 8 files.
shared folder Serie tv contains 30 folders with +/- 10 or 22 files.
+ 3 others shared folder.

Note
----
I lunch xbmc.
If enter to documentary (contains just 8 files) for the first times, it's too long.
exit , and enter to video, it's directly.

thanks for your job.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC using Windows SMB functionality - please test0